Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While wiring a light strip to the rear light harness of my 2016 Frontier Pro-4X, I caused a short while squeezing a wire connector to the wire for the rear running lights. I heard the electrical arc sound and then no running lights...in the rear only. The owners manual doesn't show a fuse diagram, at least not listed under fuses in the index. I pulled each and every 10, 15, 20 Amp fuse in the glove box pannel and in both fuse box panels under the hood, looking for a blown fuse. I couldn't find a bad fuse so I figured I must have missed it somehow. I have turn signals and brake lights but no rear running lights and tag light. If you can help I will move you to the top of my xmas list...it would be much appreciated. Thanks Rick

·
Super Moderator
19,902 Posts
Might have fried your BCM. Did you test the fuses with a volt meter or test light? Maybe you can look at the wiring diagram on Nissanhelp.com.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Try these

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
The more that I think about this the more I am thinking it might be a broken wire. Did you check the wiring where you made the crimp? Strip everything clean and rewire using a solder joint?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found it. It was a fuse that looks good on one side but when you turn it over all you could see was a small spot inside on the filament. Couldn't really see that it was burned into. The battery in my multimeter was dead after years of nonuse so I borrowed my neighbors multimeter and this was the only way I could tell that the fuse was bad. Rick

·
Registered
374 Posts
While wiring a light strip to the rear light harness of my 2016 Frontier Pro-4X, I caused a short while squeezing a wire connector to the wire for the rear running lights. I heard the electrical arc sound and then no running lights...in the rear only. The owners manual doesn't show a fuse diagram, at least not listed under fuses in the index. I pulled each and every 10, 15, 20 Amp fuse in the glove box pannel and in both fuse box panels under the hood, looking for a blown fuse. I couldn't find a bad fuse so I figured I must have missed it somehow. I have turn signals and brake lights but no rear running lights and tag light. If you can help I will move you to the top of my xmas list...it would be much appreciated. Thanks Rick

It'd be a sad state of technology if you could fry your BCM before you blow a fuse since the
fuse is there to protect everything else. So I'd say if it's not that fuse, it's probably a
broken wire as stated above.

My running lights fuse is F7 as in the module below (which, by the way, makes these fuses
rediculously hard to get to).

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bob. I really appreciate your reply. I checked everything you mentioned. It was one of those bad fuses that was undetectable without a multimeter. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your help.

Rick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to LittleBull and Zero Six LE for your comments. It is much appreciated. And the bad fuse I found was the same as yours… F7.

Thanks again to all.

Rick
Semper Fi

·
Super Moderator
19,902 Posts
It'd be a sad state of technology if you could fry your BCM before you blow a fuse since the
fuse is there to protect everything else. So I'd say if it's not that fuse, it's probably a
broken wire as stated above.

My running lights fuse is F7 as in the module below (which, by the way, makes these fuses
rediculously hard to get to).
Some people have reported having their BCMs fried when they took their truck to Uhaul to have it wired for hauling trailers. I know that a fuse should protect things but they are not perfect. Thanks for helping with your detailed response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts