Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Rear inner fender liners

16K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  RyanD1966 
#1 ·
Anyone find anyone selling these anywhere.
I would like to get something in there especially for winter time

#2 ·
I'm on my 5th frontier and have never heard in all that time about these being offered. It would be a good item to have.

Clint

#3 ·
I see they offer them for ford and gmc
I am enjoying my new frontier with its clean frame but when winter hits here there will be tons of salt that will get thrown up in there without an inner fender liner.Onebenefit is that I can wash out the salt that gets in there without a liner but I would prefer to have something there to stop some of it .

#4 · (Edited)
I spent the entire winter last year looking for something. even tried fitting ones for domestics into the Frontier... not so much... Spraying it out helps... but not alot. Only suggestions I can provide:
Take some thick vinyl and make your own liner... depending on your skill... mine didn't look great...
Before the winter starts, hose it down real good, spray the underside down well with a undercoating or sealcoating...
Anytime, hose it down real good, suit up REAL well in paint-clothes (covering ALL exposed skin & hair) and coat the underside with a frame paint/encapsulant

Chassis saver chassis saver 1 yr later

Eastwood products

Or go to someone like Ziebart and have them treat the truck... ziebart or NH oil undercoating The NH oil undercoating is similar to fluid film or the old timer's pro tip of spraying the truck frame with used oil or atf and then driving down a dusty road.

#7 ·
Old thread, I know, but this issue of the lack of fender liners in the rear wheel wells was kind of bothering me as well. There are a lot of crevices in the forward section to trap debris, especially on the driver side with the fuel filler line. So this is what I came up with. I removed the forward "deflector" on the rear wheel well, but kept the bracket. First I made a template with poster board, then I cut it out from a Mohawk plastic boot tray from Target with a diamond plate pattern ($4.99). It's about 30" long so it only covers the front section of the wheel well. The plastic is very similar to the rest of the exterior plastic and cuts easily with metal shears / tin snips. The bottom front attaches with the same 2 screws that held the deflector to the bracket, and for the top edge I used heavy duty outdoor Velcro after cleaning the surface thoroughly ($4.50 at Lowes). Seems to stick really well now, but I'll see how it holds up. Since it attaches to the original deflector bracket it can easily be removed for cleaning out with 2 bolts. So for less than $15 total to do both sides it's a cheap solution.
Floor Automotive exterior Carbon Flooring
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Wheel Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Footwear Auto part Synthetic rubber
Automotive exterior Auto part Exhaust system Vehicle Muffler

#9 ·
RDP, Target has a larger version of this same boot tray ( 3' 3" long ) for $9.99 each, I think I'm going to co-opt your idea and cut me out a pair as well. Thx for sharing.

Reactions: RobFrisco415
#11 ·
I made mine to cover the front curved part of the wheel well, especially on the driver’s side where the fuel filler tube is. Those rough country ones cover the flat part against the frame, and helps cover some bigger gaps that show with a body lift.

Reactions: RobFrisco415
#13 ·
Video will be posted tomorrow on my Frontier Geek YouTube channel. I'll post direct link here, when it's up.

Reactions: Produceman007
#14 ·
As promised, here's the video.

#16 ·
Right now, tension, the plastic's trying to straighten, the liner is bent. I'm considering adding a few small stainless steel screws at the trailing edge, probably will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.