Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With spring here, I finally washed the months worth of grime off my 2007 Nismo. Throughout the winter I would spray her down to get most of the salt off, but this is the first real cleaning. Much to my alarm, I found that paint on the lower part my rear fender flairs are chewed up like crazy. That little sticker protector is nowhere near as big as it needs to be. I'm not down to the steel, but it is pretty bad.

Has anyone else experienced this? I got an estimate to get it repainted and it's gonna run $1,500. Is there some other way?

· Registered
3 Posts
Me too. Mine happened within a week of new driving down a dirt road. More throughout the winter. My solution so far has been to add step/nerf bars. I got the 4" stainless Truckchamp ones off ebay for about $225 shipped. I think it will stop most of the rock chips on the fender. Still will get them on the painted rear bumper though where it sticks out from the side of the truck.

· Registered
193 Posts
paint on these trucks is crap.i did mine with herculiner 3 years a go.if you do it right it will last a long time.my truck is grey so black bedliner looks good.look at some of the threads and you will se there are several trucks that went with bed liner,

· Premium Member
9,811 Posts
NOT MY TRUCK

· Registered
859 Posts

· Registered
17,617 Posts
yea mine are chipped up really bad, even through the "protectant". got a couple down to the metal. it is saddening but i've moved past it and accepted it as part of the package to be expected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.