Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup the rear diff went this weekend while I was on my way to Carlisle truck show. Just rolled 40k like 2 weeks ago, really quite pissed about it. Extended warranty ended in November. Ugh. Dealership quoted $2300 for repairs. I contact Nissan Consumer affairs to see if they can offer any sort of assistance, hopefully they will be able to help. Beings that I am on workers comp and a fixed income I really need help. Will keep every one posted, hopefully Nissan will come through.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
What exactly happened to it? Was it the r/p or the spiders or just bearings or etc....?

Also, when did you last change the diff fluid?

May be cheaper to just pull one from a junkyard and replace it yourself is Nissan doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
that seriously sucks! I have a slight howl coming from my rear end. I'm just waiting for mine to blow.
Does anyone have a diagram for our rear ends. Nissal dealer is telling me i only have 1 bearing in my rear end. I told them i have atleast 4(axle bearings and carrier bearing).

·
Registered
740 Posts
Check your PM's frontiermonkey, I may have just what you need!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I guess if you don't have any specific info then all we can say is either new oem thru Nissan or used from junkyard. Just make sure you get the correct ratio if you are 4wd or a little deeper if you need the extra grunt if you are 2wd.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx Dr. Phat for the offer I had already given Nissan the go ahead to fix. As for noise it was rotational noise that got extremely loud. I pulled over to check if anything loose, but had very small shoulder(anyone who has been on 83 knows people are crazy and dont pay attention) I decided to get off the shoulder and go up next off ramp. Put truck in first gear moved like 5 feet and the whole truck felt like it came off the ground along with loud bang. So needless to say had to get towed from there.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ouch sorry I didnt get to you sooner.

If anyone else is interested, I have a H233b 3rd member for sale CHEAP. 4.63 gears and LSD.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
dude, tell nissan to piss off, you can find a bolt in rear at a junkyeard and change it out in a few hours for a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I guess it is time for some people to download the FSM and check out the drivetrain section.
I checked the axle section since i couldn't find the drivetrain section. I had no luck finding anything. I think i'm just gonna go to my old boss's shop and print it off Mitchelle on demand.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
This isnt covered under 6 yr 60k drivetrain? <--curious

·
Registered
877 Posts
Do you now if your truck had the C200 or H233B rear end?
Either way it is not typical for them to fail so early even if you never changed the fluid.

Do any burnouts lately or any heavy towing?
When I first got my Hardbody I did repeated extended burnouts just to get a pic ,but the guy with the cam couldnt manage to use a camera!!

Ended up killing the rear in it ,but I got one for $150 from a junk yard and its been fine for 47k.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts