Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my son has a 2017 Nissan Frontier crew cab 4x4 with what I have been told is a 3.36 ratio off-road rear differential
they are hard to find and what I am seeing the gear ring and pinion comes up as a Titan gear so will the 3.36 Titan ring and pinion fit in his frontier rear end?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Looked up on www.Nissanpartsdeal.com. And it show it not for sale. Might have to look into the aftermarket world. What happened to the rear end?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
How many miles?

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
There are quite a few variables to this scenario.

Titans use the Dana M226 rear diff, IIRC. So unless your son's Frontier is an automatic trans Pro4X, then it will likely have the C200 rear diff, which is a different animal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so those gear ring and pinion will not for the frontier with off road rear differential.
It looks like you can’t order them either looking online and places like eBay sells tons of the 5 something ratio and tons of the 3.36 Titan but nothing for this frontier is there any where I can buy the ring and pinion from? Or any solutions will the 3.36 4x2 rear differential gears for it or could I put a 4x2 rear differential in it he just would not have 4x4?

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Is your son's Frontier a Pro4X or an SV or an S trim level? Might as well verify whether it is an auto or manual trans while we're at it?

Or, call Nisstech or PRG to pick their brains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s a frontier crew cab sl auto trans and the rear differential is what they are calling an off road

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
SL Auto will be the C200. Does the cover have 10 bolts or 12? Should be 10.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am trying to figure out if the 3.13 4x2 frontier rear differential would fit it and he just would not have 4x4 I can find them all over the 3.36 off-road rear differential is discontinued and you can not buy gear ring and pinion for it so trying to find a solution

1 - 13 of 13 Posts