Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the approx. range of normal operation for the rear diff? Looking at rear diff oil temp gauges and the one I want runs from 140-260 (or 280) where there true diff temp gauge runs 100-250.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Completely forgot about that. Damnit. That would mean the 140 gauge would be more or less useless. Have to go back and re-think the gauges I want to use. Totally forgot about that post. Thank you!

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
You never know. The thicker snythetic fluid we run might lower the running temp compared to the 90w of a c200.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but the problem is if normal operating temp is 140 and the gauge bottoms out at 140 then the needle will never actually move. No point in having a gauge that doesn't tell me anything.

Theoretically speaking, there's no actual difference between a water temp gauge or a trans temp gauge and an oil temp gauge other than the writing on the dial right? I mean, is the sender a specific item per application? Oil for Oil, Trans for Trans, Water for Water, etc.?

The whole point of this post is I decided that I want to run the Autometer Ultra Lite II gauges since they're through dial LED lit, but that model line does not have a designated Diff Temp gauge like the regular Ultra Lite line does so I was just going to run an Oil Temp gauge instead of the designated Diff Temp gauge. However the Lite II Oil Temp gauge starts at 140 degrees and not the 100 that the Diff Temp gauge does.

I know this might seem like a silly topic but like many things, it's what I want and I don't want to have to compromise (too much.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts