Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know how much it is to install a rear camera setup. i think i need the rear bumper with sensors correct? if not cool, if so ...dang it. Plus I'll need the screen inside as well. anybody have links or selling one> Thanks. Oh im driving a 2017 frontie sv 4x4 model.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,969 Posts
The rear bumper sensors are sonar sensors for detecting if anything is close by proximity-wise.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I went a similar route to G-Loc.. I picked up the autovox wireless system (not the rearview system he purchased) and mounted the monitor on the little tray just in front of the shifter (and underneath selector switch for 2x4/4x4/etc.).

I have two little kids so anything that helps aid in a quick install is helpful for me and often worth the extra expense. The wireless system installed in maybe 20 mins or less and works immediately once switched into "R". Camera also works well at night. I don't mind the factory stereo system so I didn't want to do a full head unit swap, etc. Ran the power up through the center console, tapping into one of the power ports in there. Still leaves me with two free power ports right there on the passenger side.

Here's a link to what I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Wireless-CS-2-Monitor-Reversing/dp/B07GVC156F/ref=pd_sbs_107_t_1/135-6821601-0074634?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07GVC156F&pd_rd_r=51a74c44-611b-4651-afa1-7f24a2f7f50b&pd_rd_w=1zwqp&pd_rd_wg=Op9Dv&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=PNC8A5M59HX8PBH8SATG&psc=1&refRID=PNC8A5M59HX8PBH8SATG

Looks like there's a coupon for $20 off right now too.

·
Premium Member
10,273 Posts
The rear bumper sensors are sonar sensors for detecting if anything is close by proximity-wise.
In a perfect world... it works...
Here’s a laugh at my expense, three years ago I was in south Florida when my mother in law passed away, I drove up to get my daughter from the University of Florida and bring her down while awaiting my wife and son to fly down from New Jersey. I pulled into my sister in laws driveway to turn around and park at the curb in front of her house. I back up and my head must’ve been up my butt and I wasn’t paying attention to the beep beep beep BEEP and at the same time my daughter was saying dad dad dad, BANG, I hit the mailbox across the street and caved in my tailgate. I said to my daughter it was 100% my fault but since it appears you were watching the camera and saw the mailbox approaching why didn’t you say STOP. So, that’s my story of how it (sonar) worked like it’s supposed and I still hit something. I’ll tell you what, it’s three years later and I’m at still off my game in confidently backing up, I look in my mirrors and the camera and listen but it really was an embarrassing thing to happen. Now driving and backing up the Titan it’s even more fun in reverse.
Yes, I still get ribbed by my kids, That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. LOL
I’m currently back in Florida enjoying the sunshine for a few weeks renovating a condo and I look closely for those mailboxes that jump out of nowhere.
My personal opinion is all these safety gadgets make people pay less attention and that’s not a good thing.
I also have collision avoidance and cross path detection too and you get too reliant on it saving you.

Clint

Reactions: shift_RUSH

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Fusion your stock radio will display the camera output with the Harness adapter.
I went with a license plate mounted cam:
. . . . Backup cam
. . . . Harness adapter
This thing is tiny and excellent. Total cost including split loom was about $48.
The harness adapter fits my 2017 SV with base radio, without camera button, even though it says up to 2015.

I suggest you read this:
Camera mod
.. and this

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,396 Posts
In a perfect world... it works...
Here’s a laugh at my expense, three years ago I was in south Florida when my mother in law passed away, I drove up to get my daughter from the University of Florida and bring her down while awaiting my wife and son to fly down from New Jersey. I pulled into my sister in laws driveway to turn around and park at the curb in front of her house. I back up and my head must’ve been up my butt and I wasn’t paying attention to the beep beep beep BEEP and at the same time my daughter was saying dad dad dad, BANG, I hit the mailbox across the street and caved in my tailgate. I said to my daughter it was 100% my fault but since it appears you were watching the camera and saw the mailbox approaching why didn’t you say STOP. So, that’s my story of how it (sonar) worked like it’s supposed and I still hit something. I’ll tell you what, it’s three years later and I’m at still off my game in confidently backing up, I look in my mirrors and the camera and listen but it really was an embarrassing thing to happen. Now driving and backing up the Titan it’s even more fun in reverse.
Yes, I still get ribbed by my kids, That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. LOL
I’m currently back in Florida enjoying the sunshine for a few weeks renovating a condo and I look closely for those mailboxes that jump out of nowhere.
My personal opinion is all these safety gadgets make people pay less attention and that’s not a good thing.
I also have collision avoidance and cross path detection too and you get too reliant on it saving you.

Clint
I felt like a huge J.A. when my rear cam mishap occurred.
I was slowly backing out of some thicket onto the gravel driveway and noticed my rear camera wasn't working and, instead of stopping, I start pressing buttons on my head unit to check the rear cam settings and promptly back into a tree.
I became too complacent after backing out of there hundreds if not thousands of times.
Hundreds of trees on 5 acres and of course I back into probably the 2nd biggest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, I attempted to install my erapata rear back up camera to my aftermarket radio the camera link below show instruction in which I did to the t.
Im still not getting a picture and my reverse lights do work. I Have a 2006 Frontier SE I'm having no luck getting camera to work.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

reverse socket has POWER WIRE (orangy/red colored wire with grey speck) I connect the CAMERA RED WIRE
GROUND WIRE (black) I connect CAMERA BLACK WIRE

Camera video cable YELLOW RCA to the YELLOW RCA in the camera power cable
Camera POWER CABLE ( 2 black plug TOGETHER)

Routed video cable to the HEADUNIT and Plugged YELLOW RCA into my ATOTO's RCA IN jack and RED wire attached to yellow video cable to the reverse camera in radio harness

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts