Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've finally removed my 2003 frontier crunched rear bumper. I need to replace it and will probably replace the brackets. It looks like I will probably try to find at a local yard tomorrow.

I'm wondering does Xterra or other model have the same bumper and mounts?

Finally if I decide to go new does anyone know what new parts are compatible with the oem bumper mounts?

Maybe we can add this wisdom to the FAQ if answered.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,425 Posts
I got mine from a single cab long bed 98 or 99, if I remember right. It might have been an extended cab though

·
Registered
113 Posts
This reminds me now to start looking for a replacement my crunched rear bumpers at truck recyclers.
Got hit on the Left Rear corner of bumper while parked in store parking lot. Hit and run. Caved in the left rear corner of the bed by way of bumper. Had to get a sledge hammer to flatten the bumper top so I could open the tailgate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think only Frontier years 1998-2004 are interchangeable for the rear bumper.
As others stated, possibly the hardbody Nissan pickup rear bumper might fit as well, but I have never tried.

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Where Do You Live At??

I believe 1987.5 - 1997 Hardbody and 1998 - 2004 Frontier Bumpers and Tailgates are swappable. Never heard of an Xterra Swap and don't think an X bumper would work. You cant even direct swap an Xterra Tow package if that tells you anything.
BUT, Where theres a will there's always a way i guess.
I'd Suggest Car-Part.Com - online Junkyard Search and most will ship.
My local Pull-A-Part has a 99 Frontier out there with a chrome bumper. I could pull it. Its only 60 Bucks but you'd have to pay shipping and i'm in South Texas.

If you can't find one locally Car-Part.Com will be your best bet as finding a 1st Gen Frontier in Junkyard is like finding a Unicorn.

eBay has brand new for $270

Reactions: discord

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
You could also join this FaceBook Group. Tons of people on there. I see people on the regular asking for needed parts. Usually somebody will help you out and i see people parting out trucks on there too.

I needed a SuperCharger Snout and within a day some dude for from North Carolina not only sold me the Snout but also threw in the complete SuperCharger that needed to be rebuilt for a 100 bucks, shipped.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where Do You Live At??

I believe 1987.5 - 1997 Hardbody and 1998 - 2004 Frontier Bumpers and Tailgates are swappable. Never heard of an Xterra Swap and don't think an X bumper would work. You cant even direct swap an Xterra Tow package if that tells you anything.
BUT, Where theres a will there's always a way i guess.
I'd Suggest Car-Part.Com - online Junkyard Search and most will ship.
My local Pull-A-Part has a 99 Frontier out there with a chrome bumper. I could pull it. Its only 60 Bucks but you'd have to pay shipping and i'm in South Texas.

If you can't find one locally Car-Part.Com will be your best bet as finding a 1st Gen Frontier in Junkyard is like finding a Unicorn.

eBay has brand new for $270

Thanks. I found another pick a part about an hour drive. I'm going to head out and have my fingers crossed that they will have the rear bumper and in good shape. That's really kind of you to offer to ship and remove but I just don't think I should take your time and energy or waste shipping unless necessary.

Any suggestions on anything else I should try to pull from a pick n pull if I find a donor vehicle? I might not be able to know the mileage of a donor since E.G. my frontier has an electronic odometer... I'm pretty low mileage at 82K right now...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.