Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a 2004 crew cab, and the rear bumper is old and faded and dented, looks like crap, I want to find the best deal on one and try to put it on myself...

Where to get it??

and I also need to do a lil red paint touch up,,how do I match the paint????

Thanks in Advance,,,

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Hi All

I have a 2004 crew cab, and the rear bumper is old and faded and dented, looks like crap, I want to find the best deal on one and try to put it on myself...

Where to get it??

and I also need to do a lil red paint touch up,,how do I match the paint????

Thanks in Advance,,,
for the paint, you can take your paint code and match it @ autozone/napa/... or VIN into the dealer... however it will not be faded to match your sun-faded paint... to do That you need to go to bodyshops, see who will be willing to color-match your paint & mix up a pint for you. Most shops have a tool that measure the paint color and tell them what pigments to mix in what ratios

for the bumper, you looking for OEM or off-road (plate or tube style)?

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Assume you have a body colored bumper. Is that faded or the plastic top trim. You can get a shell and trim relatively cheap. The paint however will cost you whatever your local body shop will charge. 400 or so. Assume that if you are concerned with a faded and dented bumper you will not want to paint it yourself. I have bought "factory" paint that they put in spray cans. Turns out decent.

Another option would just to go insurance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello all

Man yu guys ask lots of questions ....
Let me try to be clear
My truck is red, older, the bumper is the stock bumper its the stock flat gray step,, it is dented from backing into a wall and being nugged a few times,,, so yeah and it is faded... greek parts wants 357 buck with ship and handle, I cant seem to locate a used one,,,there will be two litte covers for the plate bulbs that seem not to come with the part greeks bumper.

So I guess I am looking for oem,, not sure what a plate or tube bumper,, I want a stock one,,and I want one at a good price., I don't want to involve insurance we all know what that will do,, and it was not a wreck.

I am having value cover gaskets and plugs and belts and upper and lower tubes for coolant system done at ammco for 1500 which hurts but she has 160 K on her and trying to keep here in good way...

I have a hard time detailing the inside , can find a vacume tool that I can get down in the crack in between the seats and all, I mean, come on,, what a pain... what else can I ***** about tonight...oh tires,, I need four new tires,,,at a good price,, is tire rack a good idea....

seat covers, floor mats,, man....

·
Registered
119 Posts
reuse

I would bondo the bumper. I would paint it black and throw some black flush mounted led in.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Man yu guys ask lots of questions ....
Let me try to be clear
My truck is red, older, the bumper is the stock bumper its the stock flat gray step,, it is dented from backing into a wall and being nugged a few times,,, so yeah and it is faded... greek parts wants 357 buck with ship and handle, I cant seem to locate a used one,,,there will be two litte covers for the plate bulbs that seem not to come with the part greeks bumper.

So I guess I am looking for oem,, not sure what a plate or tube bumper,, I want a stock one,,and I want one at a good price., I don't want to involve insurance we all know what that will do,, and it was not a wreck.

I am having value cover gaskets and plugs and belts and upper and lower tubes for coolant system done at ammco for 1500 which hurts but she has 160 K on her and trying to keep here in good way...

I have a hard time detailing the inside , can find a vacume tool that I can get down in the crack in between the seats and all, I mean, come on,, what a pain... what else can I ***** about tonight...oh tires,, I need four new tires,,,at a good price,, is tire rack a good idea....

seat covers, floor mats,, man....
examples of tube & plate bumpers...

Tire rack is good for research, but not always best for purchase. Discount Tire Direct usually has better prices, and depending on your location you can find good or better local dealer (example: for me, Town Fair Tire has good prices, is local, and often will mount&balance for free when you buy from them)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the idea

The dent is small I can bank it out and bondo it

not sure what throwing in some black flush mounted led in means

I guess the faded gray plastic would take paint?

I will supply a pic soon as I get the car from the shop

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like that idea, thanks very much,, I am looking at those on ebay now.

I can get the lower and upper step pads, just bang out the lil dent and bondo the small dent in the bumper itself , and paint it.

I don't need one of those little tail light covers if you know about those,,,i will look on ebay also.

Thanks to you all for the cool suggestions and being here for fellow frontier dudes.

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts