Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you all experienced the rear bumper prematurely rusting? My Frontier is a 2010 with 4000 miles on it and I am concerned that this may be a common issue. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
872 Posts
2006 here with 49,XXXkm. Front and rear chrome bumpers have some rust on the inside but it appears to be just surface rust. A little unsettling but bumpers are replaceable. As long as the frame doesn't start to rust I won't worry too much.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Mine has had surface rust on it in small spots several times. I hit it with some chrome cleaner and then wax it right away. As long as the chrome doesn't start to pit or get damaged, you'll be ok. Cheap a$$ chrome jobs on cars and trucks nowadays.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Last spring I noticed my rear bumper had a lot of surface rust on the sides and was starting to pit. The dealer replaced it under warranty. So far, the new one looks OK, but we had a really mild winter this year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine is starting to get some light surface rust spots on the rear bumper, the truck has 40k on it and is an 08. I am impressed that it's just starting to get it, my 95 had rusted through at 2 years. I just figure that Nissan has no idea how to make a bumper not rust.

·
Registered
374 Posts
HA! My back bumper is rusted threw, but i do live right on the coast. And enjoy the surface rust for about 6 months then it will be strait threw.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine has had surface rust on it in small spots several times. I hit it with some chrome cleaner and then wax it right away. As long as the chrome doesn't start to pit or get damaged, you'll be ok. Cheap a$$ chrome jobs on cars and trucks nowadays.
Ditto for me.... (2007 - 17K miles)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts