Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Frontier SV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear center bumper pad was damaged. I have a 2013 Frontier. Just need to replace with a new cover. Got a new Nissan cover. Removed the damaged one. However I cannot get the new one to seat into place. Cannot get the back of the cover to go all the back to the rear against the metal bumper. Any ideas or suggestions how to complete the install?

Thanks, Billy

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Might need to spread it a little. Any chance you got the earlier version. When they gave the frontier a face lift in 2010 (?) they also changed the bumper slightly. I got a 2010+ rear bumper to replace my dented/bent 2006 bumper. Was just going to swap out the cover. But found that they are slightly different so I swapped out the entire thing instead.

·
Registered
2013 Frontier SV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My rear center bumper pad was damaged. I have a 2013 Frontier. Just need to replace with a new cover. Got a new Nissan cover. Removed the damaged one. However I cannot get the new one to seat into place. Cannot get the back of the cover to go all the back to the rear against the metal bumper. Any ideas or suggestions how to complete the install?

Thanks, Billy
Might need to spread it a little. Any chance you got the earlier version. When they gave the frontier a face lift in 2010 (?) they also changed the bumper slightly. I got a 2010+ rear bumper to replace my dented/bent 2006 bumper. Was just going to swap out the cover. But found that they are slightly different so I swapped out the entire thing instead.
Thanks but I ordered it based upon the year of my truck.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Use a large C-clamp to squeeze them together?

·
Registered
2013 Frontier SV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use a large C-clamp to squeeze them together?
Thanks. I think I figured it out. When I got bumped from behind it pushed the flat piece on the lower side under the pad up and will not allow the pad to seat. Hard to explain. I plan to cut the plate off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts