Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 fronty and a 2008 Quest SE. I took my Quest to get a 6month maintanace check. They found that my front rotors needed resurfacing and new pads and re-surfacing to the back. I only have 21k miles on it.

Also at 4k, the dealer replaced new front rotors because they were extremely damaged, yes 4K miles new. So 16k miles later, they re-surfaced the new fronts once and the original back rotors.

They said that Nissan quest braking system uses more the rear brakes than the fronts to get rid of the weight shift on heavy braking.. ??? So they will wear out more than the front pads>

Please anyone with insight, share your thoughts. I appologize for posting a Nissan Quest issue, but you guys are freaking awesome... And ofcourse havent had an issue with brakes on my fronty.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hmm. 1.) Either you drive your vehicles way too hard or the dealer is b.s.ing you. SO you don't have any complaints with the brakes? They just want to sell you brakes? Did you have them show you the brakes while they had the vehicle in the air with the wheels off? Are they going to warranty the brakes for you?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
i haven't had the issues you have had, but my rear brakes are pretty much shot..rotors and pads...but they are still stock rotors, never resurfaced ....... 43K miles, but my fronts are still in decent shape. but i'm getting them replaced when i do the rears, just cause it seams like a good idea :) not sure if any of that is relavant at all....:willy_nilly:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts