Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a 1998 XE Kingcab 2x4 with an auto. Here recently my ABS & Brake lights came on. Checked the fluid and it was low. Proceeded to search for a leak and other than a very small seap between the booster and master cyl; I found some kinda brake valve under the bed that has fluids all around it. It has a spring thats connected the the rear dif and has a few lines running into it. Only thing i can fig out is maybe its the LSPV? Any input?

BTW if this isn't the right place to post i can move.

Oh and it has a Ka24de for what its worth.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Something similar for me except it was the brake line that was covered in fluid. Had a fair amount of surface rust on the main line to the rear, before the split to the rear brakes and it did fail, as i was inspecting it. I replaced all of my steel and rubber lines as a preventative measure going forward. I'm near Chicago so we have rust issues. Not that expensive to do the lines if you can do it yourself. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Proceeded to search for a leak and other than a very small seep between the booster and master cyl; I found some kinda brake valve under the bed that has fluids all around it. Only thing i can fig out is maybe its the LSPV? Any input?

1. small seep between the booster and master cyl

2. I found some kinda brake valve under the bed that has fluids all around it

Two sources above of brake fluid/pressure leakage; each a reason for warning lights to come on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I figured as much. I just wasn't sure as to what that valve at the rear was actually called. Was I right with the LSPV?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Awesome site! I have a Haynes SM, and I liked all of the extra information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts