Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have PRG shackles on their highest setting, but i want to install 2" blocks to even out the truck. What the highest I can go with the stock brake lines? I already unclipped all the lines for the lift it has now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would seriously look into getting some longer lines. If you can't find anyone that has them already made many Napa's can make custom lines for you. Ripping off a brake line will really ruin your day.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
PRG shackle @2" & 2"block w/stock un-clipped lines I'm told are doable.. the rear shock length and ABS wires are another thing.

btw. I've sorta have that set-up w/PRG shackle and 1" block... my leaves are fooked; I goin' AALs now.

·
Registered
563 Posts
PRG shackle @2" & 2"block w/stock un-clipped lines I'm told are doable.. the rear shock length and ABS wires are another thing.

btw. I've sorta have that set-up w/PRG shackle and 1" block... my leaves are fooked; I goin' AALs now.
I ran the Calmini 5" rear kit for a while with unclipped lines and you have JUST enough length for it to work. You'll definitely want to unclip the ABS lines too, because those are the next shortest thing and they're much more expensive than brake lines!

PRG and 4x4 Parts both sell nice braided rear lines which are 4-6" longer than stock and under $95. Well worth the investment!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
ordered some longer lines from Fontana today. they got a hold of me and said the rear extended lines only fit first half of 05' frontiers. beyond that no one makes an extended line for the rear. everyone just use stock and unclips them. Has anyone found extended lines, stainless? I only have 2.5" shackle lift, and those lines are tight enough to play a tune on. but I have not unclipped them yet. I will try that this weekend.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Call Greg at PRG they make extended stainless for the rear.

·
Registered
563 Posts
ordered some longer lines from Fontana today. they got a hold of me and said the rear extended lines only fit first half of 05' frontiers. beyond that no one makes an extended line for the rear. everyone just use stock and unclips them. Has anyone found extended lines, stainless? I only have 2.5" shackle lift, and those lines are tight enough to play a tune on. but I have not unclipped them yet. I will try that this weekend.
4x4Parts.com has them for $75. The Calmini rear lines didn't fit my truck which must be the late 2005 model, because they supposedly fit all the other trucks.

Of course, Calmini doesn't tell you this and just doesn't send you the rear lines if you order their kit and tell them it's for a 2005 truck. I had to call them and ***** about not having them before they sent 'em, only to find out they didn't fit. Hilarious.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have the Goodridge +4" SS kit, lifetime warranty and DOT approved.
All 4 lines clipped into factory mounts, with 2" Deaver/2" shackle in the rear; you can un-clip em for even for more length.

Used a coupon to get em' for around $110 shipped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts