Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my name is Aaron. I have a long story, but will keep it short. So I panicked when my 2011 BMW expired and could not afford a Pro 4X at the time, so I settled for a 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD. It is not a bad SUV, but I absolutely can not stand it anymore. So I have now driven 4 Pro 4X's, a Desert Runner, and just about every other Frontier. I really want this 2017 Gun Metallic Pro 4X. Does anyone own one yet? This has the leather, moon roof, etc. They are also going to throw in a free bed extender. However, the price is pretty high. I do like the Frontier, but initially wanted a dime a dozen Tacoma - great truck but there are a zillion around and its annoying LOL. But, do any of you think the "outdatedness" that the truck is getting slammed for matters to you? Also, even though I plan on keeping it forever, life changes sometimes and I am really worried about trade in value in the future as well. Any thoughts, opinions, or advice would help.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I like mine, I think it looks great, I know the design hasn't had much of an overhaul in some time, but I like the design too

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, thanks. I like the look as well. What sucks is I want a black one, and the nearest one is 800 miles away. The gun metallic one is the one I am working the deal on. The good extra about this is that they are throwing in a bed extender for free and 1.5 years of free maintenance. On the flip side, I am getting only 16K on my rogue, which is the same at Car Max. Does anyone have a 2017 Pro 4x yet???

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah, thanks. I like the look as well. What sucks is I want a black one, and the nearest one is 800 miles away. The gun metallic one is the one I am working the deal on. The good extra about this is that they are throwing in a bed extender for free and 1.5 years of free maintenance. On the flip side, I am getting only 16K on my rogue, which is the same at Car Max. Does anyone have a 2017 Pro 4x yet???
Not to pee on your parade but they are not giving you anything, or not much anyway!

The bed extender is mostly plastic and alum tube and is way overpriced, many can be found brand new on Craig's List; they are actually kind of awkwardly built.
And as to 1.5 years free maintenance, that all depends on what you or they call maintenance as most all Nissan dealerships are doing at the least the first couple oil changes for free.

·
Registered
141 Posts
How much are they charging you? Have you looked at any used ones? I just got a used 2016 pro 4x with luxury package and it only had 12k miles and I got it for 26k. There's almost no difference between 2014-2017 other than maybe placement of the USB port or a few little details but frankly you can't beat the savings going used. I would have loved a new one but for 7-10k less I'm very happy with what I got. I think the only big difference unnoticed was that 2017 is flex fuel capable but that's not a great option anyway given that the mileage is worse and usually at least around here the cost of e85 vs regular gas is only a few cents difference

·
Registered
352 Posts
I love my frontier. I am bummed my buddies with full sized trucks get same or better fuel economy and sometimes I wish I had more cab space but I couldn't see myself in any other truck. It suits me well, works for the minimal personal towing I do, and is a blast to wheel in!

I originally looked at a pro4 lux package and wanted heated seats and sun roof but found a great deal on a very lightly used pro4 base and am extremely happy

·
Registered
544 Posts
I love my frontier. I am bummed my buddies with full sized trucks get same or better fuel economy and sometimes I wish I had more cab space but I couldn't see myself in any other truck. It suits me well, works for the minimal personal towing I do, and is a blast to wheel in!

I originally looked at a pro4 lux package and wanted heated seats and sun roof but found a great deal on a very lightly used pro4 base and am extremely happy
Thought that the base 4X came with heated seats eh?

I internet shopped most all truck models and realized that the budget I set of myself that to get a full size truck it was going to be a base stripper model and they really looked the part of being base models. With the Nissan I was able to get all the bells and whistles that meant something to me except for leather seating, which I added....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just recently upgraded from a 2010 SE to a brand new 2016 Pro-4X and I couldn't be happier. The ride is smoother and after getting it lifted a little I love the stance and view point while on the road. Go for the Pro-4X, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got a 2017 Pro4x 2 weeks ago and LOVE it. I wanted the leather and moonroof, but a 6 spd manual transmission was more important. May try and upgrade to some leather down the road, but for now, just enjoying the truck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got a 2017 Pro4x 2 weeks ago and LOVE it. I wanted the leather and moonroof, but a 6 spd manual transmission was more important. May try and upgrade to some leather down the road, but for now, just enjoying the truck.
I ran into the same problem. For some reason you can't have leather and a manual transmission at the same time. Not sure why the transmission cares what the interior of the truck is but... Also, the Pro-4x isn't available with a long bed. Those two things were pretty important to me but other than that I got everything else offered on the Frontier.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This is the main reason I went SV instead of P4X. I need the long whee base as I tow weekly and wanted the smoother ride. Not to mention I use my bed a LOT. The extra foot makes a difference for me.
Same here I could have been tempted if the P4X came in CC & LB...

·
Registered
544 Posts
I ran into the same problem. For some reason you can't have leather and a manual transmission at the same time. Not sure why the transmission cares what the interior of the truck is but... Also, the Pro-4x isn't available with a long bed. Those two things were pretty important to me but other than that I got everything else offered on the Frontier.

Yes that's very strange that you can't get the Luxury Package with the 6-Speed in the P4X

·
Registered
374 Posts
The dated design IS the reason I bought my Frontier...
^^^Same with me! A truck that has not changed for more than 12 years is a good truck to me! I did not want to have a modern truck at all. I wanted a truck that was original to the bone!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I decided to just do it. Funny, long story is they had to do a dealer trade so I was able to snatch it before anyone could test drive it. I love it even though it was expensive. It is a 2017 Gun Metallic Pro 4X Crew Cab Luxury Package. How do I post a picture???

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride, Just bought my 17 Pro4 with the Lux Pkg last month. This is my third one but first with 4wd. Still have the original (2007) Enjoy the new truck!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! Yeah, I live in the great state of California so the sales tax and all that crap ruins it but I just could not drive that 2015 Rogue anymore...Congrats to you too. I can not wait to do some off roading this weekend!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts