Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Which one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Nissan Frontier SV king cab 4x4 6MT
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as we all know it’s tax season, and I’m out to get a pretty decent chunk in my return. So I’m turning to the frontier community to see what I should get next. I can only go with one of these options for now but can’t pick!! I’m currently running a Titan swap on the front, high clearance Baja style bumper, I have a soft topper, and arb rear springs, no engine mods. I’m rolling on 33” milestar Patagonia’s on 16inch OEM wheels. Some mods are performance, some are appearance, but I can only go with one for now
I’m between:
1. A costal off-road high clearance steel bumper ( it’s a weld yourself kit and looks slick )
2. McNeil racing fiberglass front fenders ( I think I’ll hit em with a bed liner coating and put 2 inch spacers in the front to widen it out )
3. Nisstec or radflo 2.5 Titan swap coil overs ( I’m currently running fox performance 2.0’s on the front with a 1.5 inch lift block, it’s the right height, but not nearly the right amount of travel and performance ) I’m addition I’m really stuck between the two brands. The radflos are tried and true but I haven’t heard much about the nisstec’s
4. Rear end out of a pro-4x, stealing the e locker pretty self explanatory
5. Z1 exhaust
6.bed bars and a roof top tent

All are things I want pretty bad, I just can’t choose what to get first

· Registered
Nissan Frontier SV king cab 4x4 6MT
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So as we all know it’s tax season, and I’m out to get a pretty decent chunk in my return. So I’m turning to the frontier community to see what I should get next. I can only go with one of these options for now but can’t pick!! I’m currently running a Titan swap on the front, high clearance Baja style bumper, I have a soft topper, and arb rear springs, no engine mods. I’m rolling on 33” milestar Patagonia’s on 16inch OEM wheels. Some mods are performance, some are appearance, but I can only go with one for now
I’m between:
1. A costal off-road high clearance steel bumper ( it’s a weld yourself kit and looks slick )
2. McNeil racing fiberglass front fenders ( I think I’ll hit em with a bed liner coating and put 2 inch spacers in the front to widen it out )
3. Nisstec or radflo 2.5 Titan swap coil overs ( I’m currently running fox performance 2.0’s on the front with a 1.5 inch lift block, it’s the right height, but not nearly the right amount of travel and performance ) I’m addition I’m really stuck between the two brands. The radflos are tried and true but I haven’t heard much about the nisstec’s
4. Rear end out of a pro-4x, stealing the e locker pretty self explanatory
5. Z1 exhaust
6.bed bars and a roof top tent

All are things I want pretty bad, I just can’t choose what to get first

· Registered
2018 Nissan Frontier SV crew cab, short bed, 6 speed manual transmission, Value Truck Package
849 Posts
Bed bars and RTT. It'll get you out using your Fronty more.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
elocker rear end. Did you every get the front end locked? Lcokers add the most performance.
Not knowing @lukefarris556 's end goals and what he uses the truck for, I'd also say e-locker. Between my SV VTP 4x4 and Pro-4X, the e-locker in the 4X is pretty handy and makes for less drama/axle hopping. I don't have to wait for the ABLS to kick in; locker just gives continuous positive torque to both rear wheels.

I'd also consider armor like skids and sliders.

· Premium Member
8,736 Posts
M226 is my vote, if you can find one.
...which will need to come from a P4X 6-sp donor for 3.69. Otherwise 5-sp AT will be 3.36 requiring a regear.

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Personally I think rooftop tents and bed bars are a giant waste of money. Fiberglass prerunner quarter panels are a totally different style altogether from overlanding.

You're going to need coilovers built to hold all the extra weight you plan to hold - like the bumper and or tent. Elka makes Nisstec coilovers, whichever manufacturer is closer to you for rebuilding purposes is the one I'd look at. I've had both, they're almost exactly the same. I'd say hit up Kings just to be different.

You really want to overland in nature with that performance exhaust sound? In my 20s it was cool.

If you can find an M226 with a locker and regear for your 33s - that'll help you in the long run. The gas mileage with my 33s doesn't get me far tbh. That's what I'd do.

· Registered
123 Posts
I agree that we need to know the end goal(s) before giving sound advice.

If it was my truck, I'd go in this order:
1) sliders and skid plates
2) e-locker
3) winch
4) rear bumper
5) lift components

All the advice I've read is to armor up and add any other heavy stuff, and then do the lift last so you can size the lift components accordingly. If you do it the other way around, you might have to re-do the lift to get it to sit right after you attach the heavy stuff.

A roof-top tent would drive me nuts. I hate setting up and taking down enough as it is, and I would definitely not want to do it every time I wanted to take the truck out of the camp site to go exploring. But that's just me. For the money spent on a roof-top tent, you could get a bare-bones offroad-capable tear-drop trailer that could be made a heck of a lot more comfortable than a RTT platform, plus it could carry additional gear like bikes, kayaks, solar panels, etc. And the best part: you can leave it set up at the camp site while you take the truck out exploring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts