Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spraying the last coat of paint..

All finished up with the painting

and a pic of how I mounted my CB antenna for temp use when trail riding and where I keep my recovery strap, shackles, and tie down straps.

thanks for looking

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
and for anyone that loves dogs. Here is my girl Raven (not exactly a girly girl)

Your truck is looking good. I can't wait to get some sliders on my truck.
I love them, it makes the truck look completely different.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They do make the truck look a ton more beefier. Are you going to bedline the top so you can use them as step rails?
You can use them as rails the way they are now. They are not slippery at all. I just step over them though. My gf uses them as steps though. I thought about doing something on the top like liner or grip tape but I am worried that it could cut your leg when getting in and out of the truck.

·
Registered
409 Posts
very nice man.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does look good. Even though I think that I see a raven sticker on that back window. How do you keep the paint so clean without flaps?
haha yes it is a Ravens sticker. I dunno about the paint. I took the mud flaps off the day I bought the truck. My paint has no issues except the tons of scratches from trees on the trails. The scratches don't dhow up in pics though.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
sliders look good painted up and yeah the red alert does a good job hiding the scratches from a distance for sure till it gets dusty then the truth comes out :)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sliders look good painted up and yeah the red alert does a good job hiding the scratches from a distance for sure till it gets dusty then the truth comes out :)
good thing I dont have a lot of dust around here. Its either clean, muddy, or covered in pollen during the spring/fall

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Looks good. I would love a set of sliders.
Those are the shrock sliders correct? They make the best stuff I have seen around here by a long shot. Kinda o/t, but my buddy just mounted a Shrock front bumper to his 07 Tacoma. It's a silver truck and bumper is black powder coat....looks bad-az. We are hoping to get the wife's shrock bumper on her Pathy soon. Slowly I am populating the north with high quality off road bumpers. I can say with some confidence that we are the only 3 sporting Shrock bumpers north of the 60th parallel.

What's next on your to do list?? Skids? Bumpers? A/V? Rims?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Looks good. I would love a set of sliders.
Those are the shrock sliders correct? They make the best stuff I have seen around here by a long shot. Kinda o/t, but my buddy just mounted a Shrock front bumper to his 07 Tacoma. It's a silver truck and bumper is black powder coat....looks bad-az. We are hoping to get the wife's shrock bumper on her Pathy soon. Slowly I am populating the north with high quality off road bumpers. I can say with some confidence that we are the only 3 sporting Shrock bumpers north of the 60th parallel.

What's next on your to do list?? Skids? Bumpers? A/V? Rims?
haha no overpriced sliders for me. These are trail gear sliders made for an EX Cab Taco.

As far as next mods, it depends on what becomes available in used parts section. I should be picking up a new mini leaf pack for the rear soon. After that I want to upgrade the front suspension and add new rear bumper then a new front bumper.

Sliders look nice and awesome pup!!
thanks

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Looks great man. I like the ammo box. Looks like someone is getting addicted :)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks great man. I like the ammo box. Looks like someone is getting addicted :)
yeah just a little bit. The ammo box was one of the first things I did to the truck. I love having it for storage since I can't store anything under the rear seat because of my sub.

·
Registered
509 Posts
looks sick! yeah, second the grip tape idea, that'd prolly work without stratching your legs as long as it's on the top/inside and not the outside, so I noticed that the nismo sticker on the back is all black, where'd you get that? looks mad sick, I'm all bout the black on my truck and I'm trying to get rid of all the chrome/silver

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
looks great man. the black looks good with the red. did you have an install thread? what angle did u set them at. i would want to use them as a step when i ditch my stock step bars

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
looks great man. the black looks good with the red. did you have an install thread? what angle did u set them at. i would want to use them as a step when i ditch my stock step bars
I just eye balled them. We held them up till I found a spot I was happy with. Took some measurements and began cutting and welding. I have no install thread because this is something you can or can not do. An internet write up is not going to help you out. You have to know what you are doing and know how to weld. My sliders are fully welded onto the truck. I was going to bolt them on but changed my mind. I am very happy with the results.

looks sick! yeah, second the grip tape idea, that'd prolly work without stratching your legs as long as it's on the top/inside and not the outside, so I noticed that the nismo sticker on the back is all black, where'd you get that? looks mad sick, I'm all bout the black on my truck and I'm trying to get rid of all the chrome/silver
I think the grip tape will look really tacky on there. I have stepped on the bars while they were soaking wet a couple times already and there are no slipping issues. Only time will tell.

As for the black Nismo logos, I had them made to my specs. They are bigger then OEM and all black. Then one side is a mirror image of the other. Just wanted something different.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
The truck looks great man. I've had a big ammo box sitting around that I've been meaning to mount to my utili-track. I think I'll do that this weekend. Red alert does do a good job of hiding scratches. I have soooo many scratches from bushwacking but they never show up in pics.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts