Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just purchased the SST lift kit 2.5"Front 1.5"rear and i was wondering if i should get new UCA as well. Would this work with stock suspension? Or should i go with Bilstein 5125 or OME(preferred) Since it states the rear is 1.5" should i get the 0-1" lift or select the 2-3" lift suspension if i go the Bilstein route? Many thanks ahead of time.... If i need to do the UCA, i think i will just wait and do suspension and lift all at the same time...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just installed mine a couple of days ago. Kind of disappointed. The front is taller then the rear. I’ve heard people have that issue with the p4x but I have a LE. Thinking of adding a 1” block in the rear to make it level. I called ready lift and they said my leafs are probably worn since it’s a 2007 and adding a leaf or a block is fine. I didn’t get a new uca. It comes with a bump stop.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i dont mind the front being taller than the rear, i have the pro4x.... n i do go off roading a lot on the weekends...

Are you only disappointed because it DOESN'T sit level? besides that, are the products good and seem durable?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yea the only disappointment is only on the levelness. I didn’t remove the Lower shock bolt when installing. It was super tight. Me and my friend just pushed it down to angle it out to install the spacer. Great product. Just wish it was level that’s all. Sucks I have to buy a 1” block now. Wish it was a one shot deal! Post a pic when your done. Where do you go off-roading at?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My buddy has some land over in Foresthill! There are also HELLA trails out that way too! Check em out yo, Tahoe National Forest and Eldorado National Forest! N that rear block will only mean more clearance for bigger tires!! This truck stock really blew my mind as far as off the lot to dirt capabilities.... this one hill i go up is about 50 degree incline with rocks and this thing kills it.

Do you have any before and after pics of the lift? mine should be coming this week in the snail mail

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice!! I ride my dirt bike in Tahoe area most of the time. I like forest hill! I posted a pic of before and after pics in the post under his one! Mine doesn’t have a rear locker tho..hopefully it’ll still do the job!!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Straight up I've only used the locker maybe like 5 times or less, and 2-3 of those times i prolly didn't even need it, as long as you got 4L you pretty much good to go with this truck.... .tires help too... i still have stock Hankook ATM

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cool thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thinking about getting this lift too on my 06 Nismo. Not going to be doing any rock crawling so I think I’ll be good. I’d rather save my money for some proper armor I think. I think I’ll still keep my 265s and see how she does. With the locker I think I’ll be juuuuuust fine for some casual off road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts