Premium Member
1,951 Posts
welcome to clubfrontier lift away check out
PRG Products

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would like to do a 6'' lift with 315/70R17 Tires on my 17X8 wheels but i'm a little worried on how the axles will hold up and was looking for some pointers or suggestions on lift kits and or axle swaps

·
Registered
315 Posts
i would like to do a 6'' lift with 315/70R17 Tires on my 17X8 wheels but i'm a little worried on how the axles will hold up and was looking for some pointers or suggestions on lift kits and or axle swaps
Check my sig for my lift. Done moderate off roading and my axle hasn't fallen of yet. Just sayin.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
if you want to go that big cut off the IFS and junk the rear axle and get a set of jeep JK rubicon 44s. 315 will snap that front diff like a tooth pick. 33 10.5s with a 3in lift and armor will get you just about anywhere

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The problem is gears, with a 35" tire you will notice a loss in performance and if you are 4x4 there are no gears for the front diff. So you’re better off with a little smaller tire.

Also, I've got a 6" lift with 33" tires (295/75/16) and still had some trimming to do. You go that tall and wide and you will have lots of trimming and a significant loss of turning radius.

BTW - welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
The problem is gears, with a 35" tire you will notice a loss in performance and if you are 4x4 there are no gears for the front diff. So you’re better off with a little smaller tire.

Also, I've got a 6" lift with 33" tires (295/75/16) and still had some trimming to do. You go that tall and wide and you will have lots of trimming and a significant loss of turning radius.

BTW - welcome to the club!
When I put the 6" lift on, then 35's, I could not turn the wheel without trimming a HUGE amount. That is why I added the leveling kit. The extra 2ish inches made major difference. Still had to cut plastic and metal to make them fit, but I have no more rub. I rub just a bit if I am fully flexed and turning all the way, but I rarely max out like that.
As for the power loss, you would be correct. However, I have not noticed it being THAT bad. A lot of people say it's a major loss, I personally disagree.
I did lose a bit of turning radius as well. That is my biggest complaint, esp. with mine being a long bed.
Overall, I am 110% satisfied with my lift. With the offroading I do, it fits me PERFECT. Plus it just plain looks cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts