Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
if you want to go that big cut off the IFS and junk the rear axle and get a set of jeep JK rubicon 44s. 315 will snap that front diff like a tooth pick. 33 10.5s with a 3in lift and armor will get you just about anywhere

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
i would like to do a 6'' lift with 315/70R17 Tires on my 17X8 wheels but i'm a little worried on how the axles will hold up and was looking for some pointers or suggestions on lift kits and or axle swaps
The problem is gears, with a 35" tire you will notice a loss in performance and if you are 4x4 there are no gears for the front diff. So you’re better off with a little smaller tire.

Also, I've got a 6" lift with 33" tires (295/75/16) and still had some trimming to do. You go that tall and wide and you will have lots of trimming and a significant loss of turning radius.

BTW - welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
The problem is gears, with a 35" tire you will notice a loss in performance and if you are 4x4 there are no gears for the front diff. So you’re better off with a little smaller tire.

Also, I've got a 6" lift with 33" tires (295/75/16) and still had some trimming to do. You go that tall and wide and you will have lots of trimming and a significant loss of turning radius.

BTW - welcome to the club!
When I put the 6" lift on, then 35's, I could not turn the wheel without trimming a HUGE amount. That is why I added the leveling kit. The extra 2ish inches made major difference. Still had to cut plastic and metal to make them fit, but I have no more rub. I rub just a bit if I am fully flexed and turning all the way, but I rarely max out like that.
As for the power loss, you would be correct. However, I have not noticed it being THAT bad. A lot of people say it's a major loss, I personally disagree.
I did lose a bit of turning radius as well. That is my biggest complaint, esp. with mine being a long bed.
Overall, I am 110% satisfied with my lift. With the offroading I do, it fits me PERFECT. Plus it just plain looks cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.