Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So awhile back I had the grand idea of sanding down my chrome mirrors to paint them black. Unfortunately, my DIY paint job never stuck very well. I was informed it's hard to get paint to stick to chrome-dipped plastic, so I am on a mission to find new black, non-chrome mirrors to get them painted to match the factory red of my truck. Browsing the web,

Discount Auto Mirrors - 2006 Nissan Frontier

I found this website. Anyone heard of them, or have other suggestions that may be cheaper with same results? They look the same. Does it matter if I get the heated mirrors when my truck didn't come with them? These will only go on the truck after I get them painted down like I had my grill done.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got some from that company for my 1st gen. They are pretty good quality. The only thing that may not work too well for you is that they have a textured surface which will be difficult to get to be smooth like the factory paint.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thought. I'll check with the body shop who did the grill and make sure they can sand the texture down. Even if they can't, I'll still do it. just because I want the red factory match more than anything. The black keeps peeling to show scuffed chrome now. =\ Ghetto-fabulous

·
Registered
456 Posts
Get a professional body shop to do it I had my mirrors, door handles and bumper painted to match and they came out pretty smooth.
Here are a few pics of them painted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts