Nissan Frontier Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
GF was freakin out with them, i was spending so much time and money on them that it was really all I did. I had parts all over the place. She kind of persuaded me to start selling them, now I have none. But...I have been looking again...FOR 1!!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
GF was freakin out with them, i was spending so much time and money on them that it was really all I did. I had parts all over the place. She kind of persuaded me to start selling them, now I have none. But...I have been looking again...FOR 1!!!
Please tell me she did not convince you to sell them and use the money for a ring?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Nope, I wont tell you that. Actually she was hounding me to finish my BMW's so I could sell them, I had 4 of them that were in various states of disarray and I got tired of working on them for a year or so. Once I started selling the RC cars the BMW's starting getting the priority. Never wanted a ring and still doesn't, thank god for that! Now she wants tile for the house!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
What are you looking for? Cars are fun and can get very fast. Trucks are great. Traxxas Slash is electric and a blast!
One of those two, but I don't want to fork out a lot of dough, just something to play with on days when I am bored and don't have anything else to do. As far as modifying, that would never happen.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
YouTube - Traxxas Slash 1/10th 2wd off road electric radio control truck
TowerHobbies.com | Traxxas Slash 2WD 2.4GHz RTR w/7-Cell Battery & Charger

I'd say get this. This truck is amazing! Takes a beating very easy to use, full water proof everything. On and off road fun. I think pepboys sell them still. Parts are reasonable and its just fun. I love mine.

The only thing that I did to mine is I put a 10turn brushless motor in it and a 11.1 volt batt. ( kinda like dropping a blown big block in a mini cooper)
WAY too much power. And I was tearing tires. But I fixed that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpWpOw0MB0c

·
Registered
524 Posts
im going to go electric and with the Traxxas Slash 4x4.. thanks guys for pointing me the right way:fantastic:....

just one more thing 1/10th car are the biggest u can get??

·
Registered
524 Posts
i just picked up a Traxxas Slash 4x4 1/10 VXL Brushless( 6808 ) Electric w/2.4Ghz Radio for $250 got it used its about 90% new. the guys i got it off got new and it was to fast for him used it a few times and put it away. all of the extra parts are still unopen:) so what should the 1st mod be ???? what do u guys think ? wil post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Nope, I wont tell you that. Actually she was hounding me to finish my BMW's so I could sell them, I had 4 of them that were in various states of disarray and I got tired of working on them for a year or so. Once I started selling the RC cars the BMW's starting getting the priority. Never wanted a ring and still doesn't, thank god for that! Now she wants tile for the house!
get out while you can. you don't see a pattern? she is making you sell everything you enjoy.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
i just picked up a Traxxas Slash 4x4 1/10 VXL Brushless( 6808 ) Electric w/2.4Ghz Radio for $250 got it used its about 90% new. the guys i got it off got new and it was to fast for him used it a few times and put it away. all of the extra parts are still unopen:) so what should the 1st mod be ???? what do u guys think ? wil post pics tomorrow

That's a helluva deal! First mod...lipo batteries.

·
Registered
524 Posts
That's a helluva deal! First mod...lipo batteries.
yeah i had to take that deal...yeah been looking in to lipo batteries...sorry been working hella alot of hrs had not had anything to post up pics.. will do this weekend

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Ok so its weird that I can't make a new thread in the FS topic. So I'll just do it here. I've been wanting a scale crawler for a little while now. So I've gotta get rid of one before I buy another.
FS: Traxxas Summit. low usage, Truck runs great locking diffs, hi/low gears on the fly. 2.4ghz radio, 2, 8.4 volt batteries. About 14" tall and 22" long 17" wide. 1/10th scale w/ Nissan Titan Pro-Line body. Let it go for 400 obo plus shipping. Dunno what shipping costs? I'd most likely ship UPS. Trust them over snail mail.
PM me if you want.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts