Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rausch Creek-weekend of 2/13/10 (changed from the 20th)

Ok guys, I'm posting this on a couple of different forums so I hope to have a nice turn-out, including a couple of Fronty's. I know we'll probably have a couple X's show up. Saturday morning fun!! Looking to do greens and some blues.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
never been there. Maybe I will go.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I might be there with NAXJA cutting trails, was just there today and yesterday with them and had a good time. if i can get my junk fixed I'll take a run out there again if ya'll dont mind an XJ

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't care what you're drivin'. I just would like to get a decent number of people to come out. Hope to seeya there.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright guys, I was talking to a guy on Club Xterra and he tells me he's going up the weekend before(13th) with a couple other X's so I'm gonna go up on the 13th. Hopefully this would work for you.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I'll be in fla that weekend, have fun out there. FYI RC is getting bigger will be there the last weekend off feb to cut some new trails.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any other Pa. guys interested in going? These X guys seem real decent. About 15 Xterra's are going, and 1 Fronty.

·
Registered
635 Posts
How friendly are greens and blues to a stock 1st gen ?

I just bought the truck and don't have my lift yet (very near future). I an cb equipped and have a one inch over stock set of tried and true agressive A/Ts.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
your truck can run all the greens there no problem in the winter, hell if a gen 2 on 18s and street tires can do it you should be fine. as for blues little harder and some of the blues on the map have turned into purples with all the rain this year with out a lift and armor it will really push your truck and your driving not to damage anything.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
to echo Irongrave's comments, the greens we saw would be no problem from a traction and clearance standpoint. I really don't think I'll be doing anything but green. I have NO skid protection underneath. My buddy is bringing his STOCK Xterra with factory Long Trail tires and we'll get him through. If you can make it that day, let me know. I'll be leaving from Havertown by 7am. It will be a good time.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I'd love to go out with you guys but gf is gonna be here, and just got my XJ back from breaking it the last time I had it out, I was running blues and blacks. Fyi for nice fun trails to run that are green the south property is very stock friendly.

·
Registered
635 Posts
to echo Irongrave's comments, the greens we saw would be no problem from a traction and clearance standpoint. I really don't think I'll be doing anything but green. I have NO skid protection underneath. My buddy is bring his STOCK Xterra with factory Long Trail tires and we'll get him through. If you can make it that day, let me know. I'll be leaving from Havertown by 7am. It will be a good time.
I'm about 10 minutes from you in Collingdale. I'll be cranking up the t-bars before heading up there to get 2 more inches of ground clearance up front.

I'm ordering calmini uca's & shocks this week and fabricating up my own shackles out back. I have a bunch of mods ready to go including an LSD and a set of sliders I have to weld on. Too damm cold in my driveway right now. Haven't decided on a BL or not for slider placement.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
no body lift its not needed with 33s, If Dr-Phat can run blues with his long wheelbase gen 1 and 33s you'll have no issue, if your wanting to run blacks might need to think about a SAS or a trail only rig

·
Registered
635 Posts
no body lift its not needed with 33s, If Dr-Phat can run blues with his long wheelbase gen 1 and 33s you'll have no issue, if your wanting to run blacks might need to think about a SAS or a trail only rig
I still have some decent miles left on my current A/Ts but when i'm in the market for new rubber, I'm pretty much decided on 32X 11.50 M/Ts.I know they will fit with just a 3" S/L. I have an 06 wrangler unlimited if I wanted to run a rig with straight axles though. I'm cool with the IFS for now. B/L would be for a little more clearance. I could re-locate the gas tank that way.

·
Registered
635 Posts
You guys think the snow at RCP will be melted enough to wheel this sat ? I can just imagine tearing up the under side of my truck on hidden rocks beneath the snow.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys think the snow at RCP will be melted enough to wheel this sat ? I can just imagine tearing up the under side of my truck on hidden rocks beneath the snow.
I've been told the snow makes the rocky terrain easier as it fills in between the rocks. Anyway, we're doing greens and the rocks aren't a problem on the green trails. The snow will be the issue I think. But you're running BFG's so I think you'll be ok. The X guys were concerned about stock trucks running street tires so u should be ok.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Cool. Looks like i'm gonna make it out. No BFG's. I've got a set of 245/75-16 Hankook ATm RF10's Nice agressive A/T. I've had these tires over a wide variety of terrain and they held up like a champ. Good all around tire.

I've been told the snow makes the rocky terrain easier as it fills in between the rocks. Anyway, we're doing greens and the rocks aren't a problem on the green trails. The snow will be the issue I think. But you're running BFG's so I think you'll be ok. The X guys were concerned about stock trucks running street tires so u should be ok.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts