Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Rausch Creek trip

11K views 142 replies 14 participants last post by  Irongrave 
#1 ·
aight guys, ive been itching to go out, its been over a year since i really wheeled

so lets do it, throw out dates and we'll go from there

it would be great to get a big group going

i will run mostly greens and some blues (due to not going out in a longggggg time)

#2 ·
What's better for you, Sat. or Sun.? How about May 23rd? That should give everyone enough time to get their sh*t squared away!!!

#3 ·
Hey I was just talking with Bob (airbag). I have the weekend of the 21st off (May). The wife and I love Baltimore so we were thinking about coming up to B'more on Friday and staying overnight. I would really like to meet up with either MotorCop and/or Airbag since you guys are in MD and follow you up, and go wheeling for the weekend. Probably Saturday would be the best for me to go ride. I might be able to work Sunday out if everyone just don't want to go on Sat. Let me know what you guys come up with.

For the most part...I'm in! :)

#4 ·
Hey I was just talking with Bob (airbag). I have the weekend of the 21st off (May). I would really like to meet up with either MotorCop and/or Airbag since you guys are in MD and follow you up, and go wheeling for the weekend.
Airbag and I are from Pa. just outside of Philly, but we can meet up somewhere on the way up.
I'm good either Sat. or Sun.

#5 ·
Shows you how good my mind is...I meant PA.

#10 ·
HUH? It's not like you get bad MPGs or anything..rofl

#9 ·
this^

im planing on going to this, lets do it people

#11 ·
Got any info on these? What are the runs in may and June near? live in Columbus Ohio so both would be a drive but might be doable.

#13 ·
I'm no good for June 5th. Daughter's dance recital or I would already be going for this. If you guys do go for this, those X guys are good people. I've wheeled with them up there before.
BTW- I'd still be looking to go up that weekend in May if anyone would want to go.

#15 ·
I'm still wanting to go for the 22nd or 23rd. I would prefer the 22nd but might be able to do the 23rd. I'll be 100% if we can get a few more to go. I think Airbag said he would be game.

#17 ·
Just ordered a Skid Row engine/trans skid plate today. I like the 22nd. Lemme run it by my better half to see if we already have plans. I'm usually the last to know if we do :laugh:

#18 ·
Off Topic: When you gettin the other two? I think I'm gonna order my skids next month instead of this month. I can't pull all that OT like you...

#20 ·
As of now, the 22nd would work for me. Shall we put it on paper. Rausch Creek run May22nd-greens and maybe a blue or two!!! Sorry Iron, you will have to hook up with some wheelers up there. I know none of us are set up for blacks!!!! I wish....

#22 ·
Is this possibly gonna' be mixed brand vehicles on the 22nd ?

Off topic: My T-case is way too low so I added a t-case skid to my order today. I'll weld my sliders on by then too.

#24 ·
Is this possibly gonna' be mixed brand vehicles on the 22nd ?
Bob, I don't see why not. The more the merrier. We can post something up on the RC website if we're light on vehicles as we get closer.

#23 ·
I'm still trying to get all the details worked out but so far it looks like the wife and I are going to be staying in Baltimore the 21st. I guess we'll get up early Saturday and make the trek over to meet some folks and ride up to RCP. Anybody wanna nominate themselves to meet up with me the morning of the 22nd once I get on down the road??

Off topic: I might be able to do my sliders before we go Bob. I'm gonna try to at least. I have to go to the Iron and Steel supplier and pick up all the materials this weekend so I'm hoping to get rolling on it maybe Tuesday night when I get home from work. It's gonna be tough though...taking the camper to the beach next weekend and part of the following week for our anniversary. The wife has me running around like crazy!! :whip:

#27 ·
Off topic: I might be able to do my sliders before we go Bob. I'm gonna try to at least. I have to go to the Iron and Steel supplier and pick up all the materials this weekend so I'm hoping to get rolling on it maybe Tuesday night when I get home from work. It's gonna be tough though...taking the camper to the beach next weekend and part of the following week for our anniversary. The wife has me running around like crazy!! :whip:
Makin your own plates ? Nice ! I wish I had the time to do my own. After pricing them and pricing the steel, it would have cost me less to make them but not worth it after my time. I've been trying to get the time to weld on my sliders for a while now. I WILL have those on before this run.

Mapquest has you headed up I-83 to I-81. From Balt to RCP is about the same distance as my area to RCP. Just coming from a completely different direction. I couldn't figure out any good way of meeting up along the way without adding almost an hour to the trip for either of us. Kind of a gray area between phila and harrisburg .

#25 ·
smaller groups is better I've had the best times with 3 other rigs you cover a lot more ground that way. bigger groups=bigger problems with obstacles. Maybe if we get lucky Dr-phats truggy will be ready for a trail test but I doubt we'll be done building that.

#26 ·
Motorcop75. . . Bob, I don't see why not. The more the merrier. We can post something up on the RC website if we're light on vehicles as we get closer.
Hey now Steve, Just wondering. A guy on my other 4x4 forum just started a thread to go this month during the week but he also said he's free most weekends in May. At least one or two other guys seemed interested for a sat run. We all know how that works. Ten want to go but only 6 to 8 wind up actually going.

Very true. We ran into that down in GWNF a little.

Dr-Phats truggy ? What's the build ?

#29 ·
Dr Phat's 84 toyota Truggy

I'd be rolling out friday night and be at a hotel exit 100 i think off of 81 more then welcome to meet up with me there and follow me into RC depending on when your getting there

#33 ·
Aaah. Truggy. Should have known :crikey:.

I should pick up an old hardbody and do the same instead of wheelin my DD. This way if I break anything important, I can still get to work.

As a sidenote, I decided to change my skid plate order to a full set of Skid Row Plates minus the gas tank one. Their T-case plate covers most of the stock tank plate with the exception of about 2 inches where it rolls off. I'm cool with that. Gonna add a few more strategic water/debris evacuation holes and weld on mounting bolt head protectors. Don't want one or more of those bolts getting sheared off on the trail.

#32 ·
Can I come on the 22nd?
Absolutely, you can come. We're not gonna turn anyone away. Irongrave's gonna be running blacks, but the rest of us normal people will be on the greens and blues.

#35 ·
Bump. Ok fellas, let's hear it. Who's seriously thinking of going? Anybody thinking of camping Saturday night? Just throwing it out there.

#38 ·
That's cool. Well that's 4 of us as of now, including myself and airbag. I'm sure he's going. Nice, but I want more Frontiers at Rausch Creek!! Are you two gonna drive up Saturday morning and go home Sunday? Any interest in wheeling Sunday for a bit before you go home?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.