Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, I noticed a fairly loud rattling under the truck while idling. I had a similar rattle a few years back, and it was just a couple of rings that were holding on a small, cylinder-shaped cover - I cut them off and no more rattle. But this rattle seems to be coming from a different cover which looks to have rusted and fallen apart. It's toward the front right of the vehicle, basically underneath the front passenger seat.

I also noticed some green-yellow liquid slowly dripping from the same spot - antifreeze? (That is the only green-yellow liquid I know of). I tried to research this on the forum and came up with Heat Shield, but I don't know if it's the same problem or not. Can someone have a look at the pics and let me know what they think? Cheers,

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Def sounds like one of your heat shields... your gonna have to figure out which one. I took all mine off. There is a possibility that it could be one of the clamps on your flex pipe but try the heat shields first. And as for that green liquid, i'm pretty sure its not antifreeze. I think its some kind of reaction between road salt and your chassis and this liquid is produced. This stuff comes from most cars/trucks. Just look on a parking lot where someone just moved (Fresh Snow) there will probally be some of this on the snow. Someone may be able to explain it better than me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"clamps on the flex pipe" - that is the problem I had a few years ago. Thanks for reminding me what it was. Yeah I just chopped those two rings off and it did the trick.

This is different, probably the heat shield like you say. I can see the loose shield. I can just take it off, no problem? Any concerns, besides parking in high grass?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts