Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I just completed installing Bilstien B4600 shocks front and back on my '08 Frontier CC (stock, no lift) and I seem to have a rattle up front that wasn't there before. I triple checked every bolt I put a wrench on and everything is tight. I torqued the ball joint nuts to 58 lbs., tighten the shock bolts with a load on the A-frame. I'm wondering if the Bilstien lower mount sleeves are a slightly large diameter than the OEM bolts and that's where the rattle is. Any ideas what it might be?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got 'er fixed but not sure which of three actions made the rattles go away. First I retightend the upper a-frame ball joint nut with a known accurate torque wrench. I suspected mine was out of calibration. Second, I put a jack under the lower a-frame and jacked the corner of the truck up before tightening it to put it under a normal load. Third, even though the sway bar links didn't appear bad I replaced them anyhow. Don't know which of these got rid of the rattles but I suspect it was the ball joint nuts weren't tight enough. Quite as a new one now!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts