Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Own a 2011 4.0 with 112,000 miles. Recently the truck will randomly stall while moving with no throttle or at a stop. It does not happen all the time and can not recreate it. Battery is brand new cables are tight and clean. Gas tank is full. Also the old code reader I have shows no codes or pending codes. I drove over 50 miles the other day no problems, today less than 15 and it happened. Any ideas?

every time it happens I shift to neutral and start back up no problem.

·
Registered
477 Posts
There is a ground on each front fender, one in front of the air intake hose, the other beside the battery, right in front of the coolant tank. These ground the MAF system. Be sure they are good.
Loosen them, and retighten them. Also be sure the are no leaks in the entire air intake from the MAF to the manifold.
Also, pump the brakes while at idle to try to cause a stall. You might have a leaking brake booster, although I would bet the problem would be more consistent if that was ruptured.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will have to look over the hoses for a leak And grounds. It is strange happens and then 2 weeks later again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently changed the camshaft position sensor in my 08... it would randomly stall and once in awhile it would start hard. Mine was actually throwing a code for that sensor. Chances of it being the same problem may be slim, but hey, thought I'd throw it out there!!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New symptom 4wd light flashing rpms jumpimg up and down stalling, took a few times to restart now at the mechanic. No check engine light after it restarted. Hopefully their code reader will pick something up tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Hey guys my 2012 4.0 is having the exact same issues, but my VDC light has come on. Is this something that would occur as well.
If the ECM detects and engine management issue, it may disable the traction control system, which illuminates the traction control system warning lights (SLIP/VDC). So, check for stored powertrain codes and see what they are. If you see a cam or crank position sensor code similar code, address that issue because it is likely the cause of the traction control system codes.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mine also shut down a couple times while driving. Initially did not throw a code. Eventually it began showing the crankshaft sensor code.
How many miles did you have on your truck? I had 111,641 when it was at the shop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts