Nissan Frontier Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
My wife and I have payed for a few meals in restaurants and made sure they did not let them know who paid. Low and behold someone payed it forward to us.. waitress said they thought we looked like a nice family.?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I get a turkey at TG & a ham at Christmas from work. I drop 'em off at the firehouse for the dudes & dudettes. Not a biggie. We do the Salvation Army Christmas tree kids name thing where we pick a couple names & buy 'em a bunch o' stuff. My wife is a sucker for homeless folks with dogs. They get a lot of our money.

Most of my random acts have to do with nothing but simple manners & respect for my fellow human beings.

But don't be an a$$hole around me!

·
Banned
219 Posts
collected a bunch of used but decent/new soccer gear from a lot of my friends and sent it anonymously to a group of people in the southwest I learned could make very good use of it. that's all. was a good feeling for all at Christmas. 70 lbs of boxes got me good!!

·
Rogue Admin
13,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
During these troubling times with CV19 rampant there are many people now quarantined here. Our local Post Office has many older women working there and most are staying home, leaving only 2 workers to run the office. For safety reasons, with only two staff, they would need to close the office if one needs to leave for a break, so I have been taking the two remaining women coffees everyday so that they can make it through these difficult times. Stay safe, everyone.

·
Banned
219 Posts
got a box of nitrile gloves and masks in garage...maybe they'll go to my doctor's office - got a feeling they will cancel my regular checkup visit in two weeks.... .

·
Rogue Admin
13,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Feeling rather useless being cooped up at home while others are out there, fighting hard to keep our society functioning and healthy. Wanting to help a local business and to say our thanks, my friend who owns our local Panago Pizza, was more than accommodating to send 9 large pizzas up to the Squamish Hospital on our family's behalf to help keep those fierce medical crews nourished and on their feet; for all our benefits. He even bought and sanitized a Thank You note for us.
We got this, Squamish. Stay strong.
**edit - all this was done through messages and a phone call to pay, so social distancing was perfect and no need to leave home.

·
Registered
2012 CC SV 4x4 LWB
139 Posts
I won't go into detail about the things my wife and I do as it's not important but I will say it's awesome that so many folks out there will go out of their way to help their fellow human beings. My wife and I teach our children the importance of helping out their fellow man. We teach them to do kindness with NO EXPECTATION OF REWARD. That's the key IMO. Someday you may be rewarded for your kindness but to do so with that expectation, to me, dilutes the act.

It amazes me how many people can't be bothered to just open a door (or even worse, just hold it open for a few more seconds!) for someone. It seems simple kindness is too much for some.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts