Nissan Frontier Forum banner

101 - 120 of 911 Posts

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
Thanks for letting me know. Found it. It was Minitrukin. He has since removed it but the pictures are there.
yeah.one thing i dont believe in is deleting pics that may help someone else on the forum....i have ran into a lot of unanswered questions of my own from people deleting good info from the past here recently.

·
Registered
762 Posts
yeah.one thing i dont believe in is deleting pics that may help someone else on the forum....i have ran into a lot of unanswered questions of my own from people deleting good info from the past here recently.
This.

I never delete my pictures for that reason. Even the pics of my old Land Rover from four years ago are still up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ever get your WRF bar painted up, curious as to what you used. Still waiting on mine, im planning to POR15 to paint it, or take it to my local LINEX and get it done that way. Thought id ask and see what you did

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Ever get your WRF bar painted up, curious as to what you used. Still waiting on mine, im planning to POR15 to paint it, or take it to my local LINEX and get it done that way. Thought id ask and see what you did
I just used semi-gloss spray paint on top of self-etching primer. I thought about LineX and Rhino Liner and all the other options, but in the end it's just a small metal bar. I sanded the surface down smooth, then sprayed it over a couple of days. I'll have more pics in this thread soon when I catch up to it (should be about 4 posts away)

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
Off-Road Lamp Project, part 1 - Blue Sea Fuse Block (09.20.15)

CONTINUE: Please continue reading about the Blue Sea Systems fuse block here:
project:KEIRA - Deep Blue Sea.

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
Off-Road Lamp Project, part 2 - Xterra Switch Install (10.03.15)

CONTINUE: Please continue reading about the Xterra Switch here:
project:KEIRA - An Xterra Switch.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks good so far. I can't believe they ship those bars like that. They are just asking for bent mounting tabs with them being left exposed like that. Years ago I worked for UPS for a while and I've seen how shipments get treated there. I'm amazed it made it through without damage.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What size bolts did you use for the radiator mount brackets

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Looks good so far. I can't believe they ship those bars like that. They are just asking for bent mounting tabs with them being left exposed like that. Years ago I worked for UPS for a while and I've seen how shipments get treated there. I'm amazed it made it through without damage.
Actually the left-side bracket was just slightly bent, nothing I couldn't fix with a couple hits with a rubber mallet. That wasy easy... hand sanding the rusty surface was what was difficult.

What size bolts did you use for the radiator mount brackets
5/8" x 1.25" with one flat washer (bolt side) and a split washer (nut side) sandwiching the radiator mount and the light bar bracket.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Love the look of those lights on your truck. Giving me the itch to get some driving lights on my truck. I had a set on my last vehicle and i miss that extra output on back roads around here.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Raine, great lights! I'm looking to do something similar with a set of Hella fogs that I already have, and possibly add a pair of the same PIAA All Terrains, on two separate circuits, of course.

Could you take a photo of how your Blue Sea block looks like now with the PIAA wires attached? I assume that the wire from relay to the battery is now routed to the BS block, while the rest is fairly standard, routing from the PIAA relay to ground, lights, and dashboard switch?

Thanks.

101 - 120 of 911 Posts