Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 60 of 909 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,806 Posts
What? I did the same thing to my 240 around 05' and now that I think about it, I kinda remember it was a lot heavier back then. But there was no "Xtreme" back then, just the heavy blue foil stuff IIRC

What's more weird - Dynamat being lighter than we remember, or that we both had 240s and now the same trucks?

EDIT: Looked it up, Dynamat Xtreme is .44 mil
hahaha twinzies.

well truck looks good and sounds good too i bet.

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Nice write-up!
Question:
Did your stock reverse camera setup come with the reverse screen WITH the helpful distance lines/grid? IFF so, were you able/not able to retain them? (Perhaps this is the parking guidelines you referenced?)

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Nice write-up!
Question:
Did your stock reverse camera setup come with the reverse screen WITH the helpful distance lines/grid? IFF so, were you able/not able to retain them? (Perhaps this is the parking guidelines you referenced?)
The OEM head unit had the usual "green-yellow-red" hash marks/distance indicators, they do not show up on the Kenwood screen so I assume they're built
into the OEM head unit to display when it gets a video signal; this is how the Kenwood works too... but instead of hash marks I get full width green-yellow-red lines that I can adjust both width and length to match the factory style

·
Registered
105 Posts
how exactly does the Amazon Firestick work in the truck? I am soon going to start doing audio/video in my truck... I thought that the firestick needed wifi to work... or no? I'd rather do this than buy a dvd player and have to worry about swapping out DVD's, etc, while driving down the road...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have an 890 I was debating installing, this is making me lean towards ripping the Fosgate unit out.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
how exactly does the Amazon Firestick work in the truck? I am soon going to start doing audio/video in my truck... I thought that the firestick needed wifi to work... or no? I'd rather do this than buy a dvd player and have to worry about swapping out DVD's, etc, while driving down the road...
It does need WiFi to work since it streams, I just tether the FireStick to my iPhone's unlimited data plan

·
Registered
105 Posts
It does need WiFi to work since it streams, I just tether the FireStick to my iPhone's unlimited data plan
Gotcha. Not really an option for me then. Thanks for the reply man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
The fact that you can watch WC DH in your truck on the go makes any short comings of that stereo (if it had any) insignificant. I put the sony XAV stereo in my truck because I thought it would do all the cool stuff that it was advertised to do, then after found out I needed a bunch of extra crap to use those functions.

Your build looks nice and clean. Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
The amount of electrical work you've done is insane! I'm hoping it sounds as good as it looks.
sounds pretty good to me ::grin::

The fact that you can watch WC DH in your truck on the go makes any short comings of that stereo (if it had any) insignificant. I put the sony XAV stereo in my truck because I thought it would do all the cool stuff that it was advertised to do, then after found out I needed a bunch of extra crap to use those functions.

Your build looks nice and clean. Keep up the good work!
Thanks... yeah man, gotta keep track of Gee, Rach, and Pompon ::wink::

·
Registered
105 Posts
What would you recommend for an inexpensive replacement option as far as speakers go? I'm no audio nut, but the factory speakers absolutely suck. I've chosen a head unit already, but don't want to spend a fortune on speakers

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
What would you recommend for an inexpensive replacement option as far as speakers go? I'm no audio nut, but the factory speakers absolutely suck. I've chosen a head unit already, but don't want to spend a fortune on speakers

Give me a budget number, and if you want front only or front/rear upgrade and I can come up with some options for you

·
Registered
105 Posts
Give me a budget number, and if you want front only or front/rear upgrade and I can come up with some options for you
Front and rear, close to $200 as can be

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love the Build. Glad to see someone went all in on the Audio. I have 15 DR currently with 3-Way PPI Components up front and a PPI 900.4. I have yet to do a sub box but plan on running the JL audio TW Series. I did take the time to sound deaden, Dynomat, Duct seal and seal the door 100%. My mid bass is crazy in this truck. I have to say the sound deadening alone is well worth the amount of effort. Just to have a quieter cabin.

All your other Mods are very simple and tastful!

So with the Kenwood head unit swap, Did you eliminate the Epicenter? Im still running the stock Headunit but not really enjoying it. I want to go Full Android Headunit just havent done enough research.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm sure I could figure it out.

Here's 3 examples under $200, you can research and compare the actual specs but I have listened to all of these before:

$129 Polk Audio db5251 5-1/4" component speaker system
$69 Polk Audio db651s 6-1/2" 2-way shallow-mount car speakers

$129 Kicker 40CSS654 6-1/2" component speaker system
$60 Kicker 40CS674 6-3/4" 2-way car speakers

$99 Rockford Fosgate Prime R165-S 6-1/2" component speaker system
$59 Rockford Fosgate Prime R165X3 6-3/4" 3-way car speakers

At this price point, personally I lean towards the Polks - I've had Polks before in a couple of my cars and they have always had nice sound even if they're not top-of-the-line models. The Kickers and RF's I've heard as well, the kickers have some nice midrange punch for the buck but not as crisp as the Polks... the RFs are somewhere in between. All prices above are from Crutchfield.com; you can probably find them cheaper but Crutchfield includes any speaker adaptors and harnesses needed

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here's 3 examples under $200, you can research and compare the actual specs but I have listened to all of these before:

$129 Polk Audio db5251 5-1/4" component speaker system
$69 Polk Audio db651s 6-1/2" 2-way shallow-mount car speakers

$129 Kicker 40CSS654 6-1/2" component speaker system
$60 Kicker 40CS674 6-3/4" 2-way car speakers

$99 Rockford Fosgate Prime R165-S 6-1/2" component speaker system
$59 Rockford Fosgate Prime R165X3 6-3/4" 3-way car speakers

At this price point, personally I lean towards the Polks - I've had Polks before in a couple of my cars and they have always had nice sound even if they're not top-of-the-line models. The Kickers and RF's I've heard as well, the kickers have some nice midrange punch for the buck but not as crisp as the Polks... the RFs are somewhere in between. All prices above are from Crutchfield.com; you can probably find them cheaper but Crutchfield includes any speaker adaptors and harnesses needed
Hey, I appreciate it. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing as far as picking components. I can install them, but just not sure what to pick.

41 - 60 of 909 Posts