Nissan Frontier Forum banner

501 - 520 of 889 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
Do you plan on going up any size on the tires when the time is due?
I'd like to go up to 285/75-16 but I'd have to decide if i want to do a body lift or start chopping body panels for clearance.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Bigger tires would be nice but I like the look of having the extra clearance and not having the fender stuffed with tire

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
Bigger tires would be nice but I like the look of having the extra clearance and not having the fender stuffed with tire

Well that's the point of a lift - so you can have larger tires and not the "stuffed" look. I'm at 3.5" right now, I could put 285's on and trim body panels and it would look pretty good (from other examples) but again - not too keen on chopping body panels just yet.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well that's the point of a lift - so you can have larger tires and not the "stuffed" look. I'm at 3.5" right now, I could put 285's on and trim body panels and it would look pretty good (from other examples) but again - not too keen on chopping body panels just yet.
I'm most likely gonna keep the 265s on mine with around a 3"

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd like to go up to 285/75-16 but I'd have to decide if i want to do a body lift or start chopping body panels for clearance.
raine, I was able to fit my 255/85/16 cooper st maxx with just the melt mod and front lift 2.5" and 2" rear lift.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
raine, I was able to fit my 255/85/16 cooper st maxx with just the melt mod and front lift 2.5" and 2" rear lift.
Thanks, but you're on stock wheels and no splash guards...try that with splash guards and a 16x8.5" -6 offset wheel, and get back to me ::wink::

·
Registered
409 Posts
Who better to ask than you lol. I see in your thread you frequently had the seats in n out. Was wanting to take mine out to do some deep cleaning. Any pointer or is it straight forward unbolting and disconnecting harnesses?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Who better to ask than you lol. I see in your thread you frequently had the seats in n out. Was wanting to take mine out to do some deep cleaning. Any pointer or is it straight forward unbolting and disconnecting harnesses?
It's straight forward - 4 bolts on the floor, unplug the harnesses from under the front of the cushion before pulling the seats. If you center the cushion on the rails and tilt the backrest forward, you can get them in and out from the front door area without banging the mounting rails on the B-pillar.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It's straight forward - 4 bolts on the floor, unplug the harnesses from under the front of the cushion before pulling the seats. If you center the cushion on the rails and tilt the backrest forward, you can get them in and out from the front door area without banging the mounting rails on the B-pillar.
Nice when you drop em back in what torque do you put?

NVM looked it up in the factory service manual and it's 33ft lbs

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks for the tip it made the removal super easy. Only the I did notice after having the battery disconnected the VDC light stayed on I didn't get a chance to drive it after as I removed the headlights to smoke them so I'm hoping it will go off

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Beautiful truck raine, I had a question about your wheels. I am about to purchase the ko2's (275/75/16), and I am still deciding on the wheels. I just wanted to know if you bought the 5th wheel and if it fits where the spare usually goes under the bed?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
For clarity I am on 265/75-16's, not 275/75's. I did purchase 5 KO2's but only 4 wheels (never got around to buying the 5th extra). My 5th KO2 is on the OEM wheel, it actually has a modified hard tire cover (from an FJ Cruiser) on it and the whole thing is located under the truck bed in the OEM spare position.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #514 (Edited)
Sunset looked cool this evening so I snuck some pics in right after I washed her (also per JeniorNV's thread request)... here's a couple samples, need to edit the other photos to update this thread:

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #515 (Edited)
Photo Swapping (09.13.17)

After realizing I haven't taken any photos of my truck in a long time, I gave her a wash after work and headed to a nearby parking structure to take some pics. The sun was just going down and it gave the sky a pretty cool redness to the clouds. After seeing the photos at home I decided to use a couple to update my first post in this thread:

...and moved these pics from the first post to here:

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
Is that modification covered in these incredible pages someplace?
No, I didn't think it was important, basically it's just a cover for the tire underneath the bed to keep the cross member bar from leaving a weird indent on the spare tire sidewall... I noticed my OEM spare tire had the indents, I didn't want the same thing to happen to a brand new spare KO2.

Maybe I could add it to the thread when I have time to drop the spare to take pics.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
If I didn't know better, I'd say those pics were from official promotional material. Looks professional, and your truck looks amazing in them! You have a great photographer.
::grin::
No, I just have an iPhone ::grin::

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #520 (Edited)
Mod Stopper, part 2 (09.19.17)

Once again (kind of like last Summer!) the truck mods were put on pause because... I built myself a brand new mountain bike from the ground up; the frame is a 2018 Commencal Supreme SX. Everything else is hand picked; Wheels are custom built, brake setup is custom, I even added some personal touches. Built the whole thing myself, and it's been awesome on the trails and bike parks so far:

The new mountain destroyer.

Side view, before her maiden run.

Black and red are my favorite colors.

Custom built wheel set from the UK.

Even the fork and shock received custom colored decals (and a happy face valve cap).

Custom pewter pirate emblem on the top tube.

Maybe I'll get around to getting my truck some new stuff for Christmas.

501 - 520 of 889 Posts