Nissan Frontier Forum banner

481 - 500 of 909 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
My front light bar mounts to the same front tow points and the tow hooks fit right over the light bar mount plates down there, I just needed longer bolts. If the radiator skid had a large enough flat plane where it mounts, it might be the same *shrug*

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
My front light bar mounts to the same front tow points and the tow hooks fit right over the light bar mount plates down there, I just needed longer bolts. If the radiator skid had a large enough flat plane where it mounts, it might be the same *shrug*
Well considering that the vertical part of the P&P recovery point is very thick, and the mounting holes are centered, you'd need clearance for the thick vertical plate alongside the side wall of an aftermarket skid (if it mounts at the tow bolts). The factory tow hook mounting surface is pretty narrow compared to the P&P part

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
Wow just noticed, 101,000+ thread views ::smile::

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #490 (Edited)
Posted this in another thread about decals, I'll just leave it here as well:

All custom cut using a Roland vinyl cutter I have at home. That way the color scheme matches as well as the decal sizing ::smile::

·
Registered
18 Posts
raine - just wondering how the rear dif breather mod has held up for you? I noticed you have been through a bit of water and if running it up behind the taillight is even needed that others have done?

Thx

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
raine - just wondering how the rear dif breather mod has held up for you? I noticed you have been through a bit of water and if running it up behind the taillight is even needed that others have done?
I actually checked on this about a week ago while I had the truck up on a lift (tire balance and rotation) and it was dirty... on the outside. I wiped it with a rag and the actual filter inside is still as good as new.

do you have defrosters or your rear window?
That's a reflection of the lines in the building behind my truck.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #495 (Edited)
Car Audio Diagram

This morning some random person stopped me on the way out of Starbucks drive-thru (that's the second time now... yeah, weird) and said "I've seen your truck online!" Then asked me some questions about my audio. Turned out to be a nice guy, they requested I put a diagram of my setup on "the Frontier forum" which I'm sure means here, as I'm not on any other forum LOL so here it is:

UPDATE: System diagram is posted here.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was reviewing different sliders and that snowballed into reading all 50 pages of your build thread... First off, well done. The build looks awesome and your level of detail/documentation is insane!

Secondly, I just moved to SLO county from the midwest. If you find yourself up in this area and want someone to ride bikes or go wheeling with, get in touch! I'm still discovering all the mtb trails out here, but I work for a cycling company and the people here have everything scoped out.

I'm still building up my rig, but the White Knuckle sliders are probably next. Then the rear suspension, followed by the front. At least I have the bikes/racks situation figured out!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
I was reviewing different sliders and that snowballed into reading all 50 pages of your build thread... First off, well done. The build looks awesome and your level of detail/documentation is insane!

Secondly, I just moved to SLO county from the midwest. If you find yourself up in this area and want someone to ride bikes or go wheeling with, get in touch! I'm still discovering all the mtb trails out here, but I work for a cycling company and the people here have everything scoped out.

I'm still building up my rig, but the White Knuckle sliders are probably next. Then the rear suspension, followed by the front. At least I have the bikes/racks situation figured out!
For sure... yeah I recommend White Knuckle Sliders 100%. Not only is the build quality top shelf, but if you get in touch with them over email or the phone, they're really nice, honest people.

PM me what cycling company you work for... just curious haha ::grin::

·
Registered
358 Posts
Not only is the build quality top shelf, but if you get in touch with them over email or the phone, they're really nice, honest people.
Plus it gives me an extra incentive to visit family in LA, then pop over to Apple Valley and save some money on shipping. :thumbup:

481 - 500 of 909 Posts