Nissan Frontier Forum banner

341 - 360 of 888 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Thanks for the PM, got my key Friday, cut and programmed Sunday. All is good to go.

A couple side notes:

When I tried to start the truck after getting it cut, the key turned, all dash lights illuminated, but starter did not engage. Tried several times while holding the master key right up to the ignition but no go. In fact I then had trouble getting the vehicle to start with the master. Had to unlock/lock with master again. I figured it had to be the close proximity of 2 transponders that was messing it all up. After switching out the transponders and going thru the reprogramming steps you wrote up, all keys now working like champs. Thanks again.

Also, getting the transponder out of the Rogue key was a little testy. Its glued in pretty well.

Finally, I took the key to Lowe's to get cut. The guy of course tried to warn me it was a waste of time etc…. But more importantly, they cut the key for free. Tried to pay him, he wouldn't hear of it. Said they do it as a courtesy. Just an FYI for those thinking about doing this mod too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Sounds about right... when I tested the key cut for the first time the same thing happened at first - lights went on, dash lit up, no starter. But That told me the cut was correct. The second time I held the master key near the ignition cylinder and I got the starter to crank the engine and it started. I guess I didn't go this far into detail with "STEP 1" but what happened to you was pretty similar anyways.

On the Rogue key I received I put the blade tip of my pocket knife right under the corner of the transponder, so I probably had the knife tip positioned in just the right spot to get the leverage to get the transponder out on the first try.

Funny - the same thing happened to me at Ace... except the guy said "I can't guarantee it will work" - not because the cut would be wrong, but he said he has to say that because they can't replace the key if something goes wrong - unlike the standard house keys and car keys they have extra blanks of. So I told him "that's fine" and he cut it, then told me no charge also. I offered $10 but he declined.
::smile::

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #342 (Edited)
Club Frontier Decals (05.13.06)

Nothing important... just thought I'd post a photo of what I received in the mail yesterday - a pair of $48 decals that I could have made myself at home LOL:

That's $24 each, if you're counting.

I seem to be collecting more stickers than I'm using. Heh ::wink::

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Nothing important... just thought I'd post a photo of what I received in the mail yesterday - a pair of $48 decals that I could have made myself at home LOL:

That's $24 each, if you're counting.

I seem to be collecting more stickers than I'm using. Heh ::wink::
Who do you contact about the stickers? I did the lifetime membership 3 months ago and still haven't seen anything.

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
From what I read elsewhere, send a PM to the admin of the forum to ask about your decals. Mine took about a month to arrive in the mail

·
Registered
267 Posts
I came across Pipeline Racks, they made a bike holder that was faster than the RockyMounts in terms of load/unload, it’s basically a cradle that holds the front wheel of the bike. When I saw that they made a version that bolts directly to the UtiliTrack called a “Rail Rack”, I ordered one up and installed it the night before a ride on M-Trail in Riverside, CA. I kept the RockyMounts on the rail but moved them to either side of the centered Pipeline Rack, which ended up being perfect for when we needed to shuttle the bikes up to the top.

Installed the Pipeline Rack at night, you can also see another view of the UtiliTrack LEDs I installed previously.

I can carry 3 mountain bikes in the bed now. Mine is in the middle.

Nice photo taken by my friend of me and my bike overlooking Riverside.

Photo taken after the ride back at home, tires are dirty – and another view of how the Pipeline Rack is installed.
How are you liking this rack? do you have to do anything else to strap the bike down?

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
How are you liking this rack? do you have to do anything else to strap the bike down?
It's great for when I go to local spots for a quick ride since I don't have to take the front wheel off to load the bike. It isn't as stable as the Rockymounts, the bike will sway side to side slightly when turning, but this is something I expected since the rack is only attached high up on the Utilitrack.

Also, if you look at my photo closely you'll notice a small velcro strap at the bottom-rear of the front tire. This strap is included with the Pipeline Rack.

I still generally use the axle mounts if it's a longer drive to a trail.

·
Premium Member
4,772 Posts
And it appears there is no locking feature on the Pipeline racks like the rockymounts? I dig my rocky mounts for the security of the lock and having the front tire locked in the truck. But, like you said, it is a little involved getting the bike in and out.

How quickly does the pipline mount install or remove from the utilitrack?

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
And it appears there is no locking feature on the Pipeline racks like the rockymounts? I dig my rocky mounts for the security of the lock and having the front tire locked in the truck. But, like you said, it is a little involved getting the bike in and out.

How quickly does the pipline mount install or remove from the utilitrack?
Correct - The Pipeline rack is mainly meant for quick in/out, if you want something to lock you'll need to bring a locking cable. but again - as you are probably aware already, that's why I have the Rockymounts too.

The easiest way to remove the Pipeline is to unbolt it from the bracket (two bolts). The bracket is what's actually attached to the utilitrack.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Amazing build!
And I got suckered in, because you apparently gave your truck, my daughter's name :)
Very rare spelling of it, as far as I know...
Either way, Keira is AWESOME!!

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #350 (Edited)
Amazing build!
And I got suckered in, because you apparently gave your truck, my daughter's name :)
Thanks for the compliments.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
A little off topic, but yeah, Keira Knightley... Pirates...
That's actually the first Keira I knew of, that spelled it the same way.

I picked my daughter's name, and it was intentionally misspelled, just to be different.

I didn't know of any other people spelling it that way, but just like cars, once you have one, you start noticing just how many of them there are out there...

In this case, I think that makes 7 Keira's.

Back to being semi on-topic: Out of curiosity, that map of blue devil's, puts you roughly 10 miles from my work. Is there anyplace in particular that you take Keira, for off-road trail running?
I've got a few little 2WD-tame trails near my home, but I've been seeing more and more Forest Rangers chasing them out, and handing out tickets.
And all the fire roads in and around Big Bear, seem to be either too tame, too over-populated, or too much to tackle without some good rock sliders (and a slightly better set up than what I have now).

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
A little off topic, but yeah, Keira Knightley... Pirates...
That's actually the first Keira I knew of, that spelled it the same way.

I picked my daughter's name, and it was intentionally misspelled, just to be different.

I didn't know of any other people spelling it that way, but just like cars, once you have one, you start noticing just how many of them there are out there...

In this case, I think that makes 7 Keira's.

Back to being semi on-topic: Out of curiosity, that map of blue devil's, puts you roughly 10 miles from my work. Is there anyplace in particular that you take Keira, for off-road trail running?
I've got a few little 2WD-tame trails near my home, but I've been seeing more and more Forest Rangers chasing them out, and handing out tickets.
And all the fire roads in and around Big Bear, seem to be either too tame, too over-populated, or too much to tackle without some good rock sliders (and a slightly better set up than what I have now).
I've only been to Cleghorn, Lytle Creek (both up the 15fwy past Glen Helen) and Azusa OHV so far... Azusa's the closest and it's not that crazy but it's always fun just driving across the rivers and through the various little side trails scattered around the area... although not sure what the status is right now because of the recent fires that were right near there.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Amazing build!
That's my daughters name too, and spelled the same way.

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
That's my daughters name too, and spelled the same way.
That will be my daughters name some day... "Keira" or "Harley" ::wink::

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
That will be my daughters name some day... "Keira" or "Harley" ::wink::

My last kid, number 3, he would have been Harley had he been a girl. Great minds.

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
I've seen Keira / Kira / Kirah / Kera at one point in time.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but what happened to all the great pics in this thread? I just referred someone here for your fender liner mods and I see they're gone. :frown:

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but what happened to all the great pics in this thread? I just referred someone here for your fender liner mods and I see they're gone. :frown:
Fixed... sorry about that, I was changing web hosting ::smile::

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Fixed... sorry about that, I was changing web hosting ::smile::
Awesome. I mostly used your method a few weeks ago on the liner and flaps. It was a huge help. ::smile::

341 - 360 of 888 Posts