Discussion Starter #283

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #285

·
Registered
766 Posts
External reservoir coilover mount/holder/bracket. I just sat here an read your build thread.
Awesome job maintaining and trimming the front mudflaps / fenders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yup, that's the one! I had a pignose back in those days. Pretty sure it was the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned, but the one I miss the most.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
External reservoir coilover mount/holder/bracket. I just sat here an read your build thread.
Awesome job maintaining and trimming the front mudflaps / fenders.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Yup, that's the one! I had a pignose back in those days. Pretty sure it was the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned, but the one I miss the most.
Same... well, the "most unreliable" part, but then again I drove that thing hard back in the day.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #290 (Edited)
Had a pickup in Apple Valley, CA on Friday. Went to the hardware store to buy this stuff:

...to use on this:

Update when it's done ::grin::

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #292

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Slider post coming in a few days.

Oh hey look there's a gold rectangle under my name.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
get to the pictures....
#calmyourponies

I just have to finish drilling a few more holes then they'll be done, but I don't have time to do it until at least Wednesday

·
Registered
19 Posts
So do you guys ever swap vehicles when you go off roading? Would like to hear your observations and comparisons of the differences in handling and capabilities of your fronty vs the taco and fj. I know I would be jonesing to try them all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #298 (Edited)
So do you guys ever swap vehicles when you go off roading? Would like to hear your observations and comparisons of the differences in handling and capabilities of your fronty vs the taco and fj. I know I would be jonesing to try them all.
Never thought of doing that, maybe the next time we're out in the wild I'll remember to try this...

However I think there's way too much of a difference in vehicle specs to begin with... I drive a short bed crew cab, my brother drives a long bed crew cab, and my cousin drives a short wheelbase with no bed. We all run BF Goodrich KO2s, but I'm on Load E 265/75-16's, vs. Load C 265/70-17s, vs. Load E 285/75-17s. We all have King front shocks, but I have the add-on compression adjusters. They both have King rear shocks while I have Bilstein 5125s. I removed my front swaybar, my brother kept his front swaybar on, and my cousin has front and rear swaybars.

In fact, the only thing we actually all have the same are Total Chaos UCAs and Ultra-Gauges LOL

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've wheeled with a couple Tacoma guys, I'm pretty well versed in the differences between the two. Mostly it comes down to ground clearance, which the Tacoma really beats the Frontier at. The Taco also has a better front suspension design that allows for more travel, so that's an advantage. The Frontier definitely has the better engine though, even if the power band is a bit high, and a bit more interior space. Beyond that, there's very little difference between the two.

The wheelbase is only different by an inch, they're roughly the same length, the same width, and the approach and departure angles are nearly identical. They're very similar to drive off road, you just hear fewer scraping noises with the Tacoma. :) On the road, I think the Frontier drives a little nicer.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
...Mostly it comes down to ground clearance, which the Tacoma really beats the Frontier at. The Taco also has a better front suspension design that allows for more travel, ...
how so? I've not looked too closely at their IFS.

281 - 300 of 889 Posts