Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had abput 5" of rain here in the last 2 days. This morning on way to work I had water dripping on my leg from above. Taking it in tomorrow. Didn't know if anyone else had ever had this problem. I'm thinking the roof rack?
Thanks

'09 CC

·
Registered
102 Posts
We've had abput 5" of rain here in the last 2 days. This morning on way to work I had water dripping on my leg from above. Taking it in tomorrow. Didn't know if anyone else had ever had this problem. I'm thinking the roof rack?
Thanks

'09 CC

I was about to post the SAME Problem!!!! I have no pics, but mine is Dripping in the Sun Glasses holder. I too don't have a sunroof!!!!

Just called dealer and have an appointment for tomorrow morning. WTF!!!

But I Still love the Truck so I'm not that mad :)

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Thanks
'09 CC
I was about to post the SAME Problem!!!! I have no pics, but mine is Dripping in the Sun Glasses holder. I too don't have a sunroof!!!!
clipperqb, I would get rain leaking from that spot only when driving. JohninNJ, I would get rain leaking in from that spot only if I left it parked in the rain. Took out all the screws from the roof rack and wrapped them with plumbers tape and have had no leaks since. Didn't take it to the dealer because I didn't have this problem till about 2 months ago and was already out of warranty.

·
Registered
102 Posts
JohninNJ, I would get rain leaking in from that spot only if I left it parked in the rain.
Thanks for the Info. I was parked over night in the driveway and for some strange reason last night I pulled out of the garage and parked it outside..Don't know why? LOL

Thanks again, I'll see what the dealer says and suggest to them your solution.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mine is going for the 4th try in fixing my leak. I get a drip about 2" to the left of the right "A" pillar.

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
just to follow-up> dealer replaced gasket under roof rack. I haven't done the sprinkler test yet.
I would think they already tried that and hope the leak is solved.

clint

·
Registered
302 Posts
Picked my up tonight, everything looks dry. One problem though, on my way home it started to rain I turned my wipers on and I kept hearing this clunking noise. They put the wiper arms on the wrong sides - Seriously? - I had to reverse them when I got home.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been noticing a wet, mildew-ish smell in my truck after rain or snow. I also have some small red/rust colored spots on the driver's side A-Pillar and around the driver's side of the sun roof. The sun roof came from the factory and the truck is about 6 months old.

Could those spots be mold or mildew?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Although I believe they fixed the leak at the windshield. Last Friday when I left for work a drop hit my right hand and the little storage area by the gear shifter. I also have tiny rust spots around the driver's side of the sunroof.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I haven't had mine at the dealer yet since it leaked last time, but after last nights heavy rain it was Dry!! Looking to be one of those problems that only happens every now and then.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
While some of you have sunroofs that could be causing issues, I think the one thing that we all have in common is that we have roof racks (from what I can tell by looking at pics). I think it is an issue with the racks. When I took the bolts out of mine I wasn't very impressed by what little protection Nissan had provided against leaks. I just wrapped the entire bolt with a healthy dose plumbers tape and have been leak free ever since. Just my $0.02.
I haven't had mine at the dealer yet since it leaked last time, but after last nights heavy rain it was Dry!! Looking to be one of those problems that only happens every now and then.
I found that mine would only leak if I parked it facing up hill. Under no other circumstances did it ever leak, just when parked facing up hill. You may have a similar issue.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I had the same issue and it was the back right roof rack screw. Mine pooled near the sunglass holder. It only happened when I parked nose down a hill and the water ran forward. Dealer fixed it under warranty.

·
Registered
102 Posts
While some of you have sunroofs that could be causing issues, I think the one thing that we all have in common is that we have roof racks (from what I can tell by looking at pics). I think it is an issue with the racks. When I took the bolts out of mine I wasn't very impressed by what little protection Nissan had provided against leaks. I just wrapped the entire bolt with a healthy dose plumbers tape and have been leak free ever since. Just my $0.02.

I found that mine would only leak if I parked it facing up hill. Under no other circumstances did it ever leak, just when parked facing up hill. You may have a similar issue.
I'm going to use your 2cents and just use the plumbers tape. Maybe this weekends project.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I'm going to use your 2cents and just use the plumbers tape. Maybe this weekends project.
I recommend not removing more than two bolts at a time just to make sure nothing moves. I don't think anything would move but it's better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah I might seal my bolts to. Mine seems to leak when parked down hill. Never a lot just a drip here and there

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.