Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...Now that I know how to install, I need some help deciding what to install!! I am looking for a dbl din radio with Bluetooth, Ipod, cd player and the ability to change the lighting to match the amber in the truck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Radios that you've had good luck with? Btw, I am interested in a touch screen option, but not the dvd capability.

ROBSTOY

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Clarion CX609 offers everything you're looking for except a touchscreen. It looks pretty stock, and is priced between $220-$300 new, depending where you look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The Clarion CX609 offers everything you're looking for except a touchscreen. It looks pretty stock, and is priced between $220-$300 new, depending where you look.
Looks like it will do everything I want less the touch screen. Thanks!!

What do you guys think of the Clarion NX409? More than I need, but has good features.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look up DVH-P4200DVD.
Thanks for the suggestion. As I look at more and more options, I think am leaning towards the Clarion NX409. Do all of the touch screens tilt down for access to the cd/dvd slot? (I am not a big fan of the tilting screens/face plates)

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
I've had my eye on this: Kenwood DDX516 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I already have a Kenwood HU with Kenwood Sirius radio module so if I upgrade it will be to a Kenwood HU.
The DDX516 has 6 channel pre-amp output (like my current unit), essential for running four door speakers and a sub amplified.

Also, you can find it quite a bit cheaper than Crutchfield, like here for example: Kenwood DDX516 - Car Stereo Head Unit In-Dash Receiver - Sonic Electronix

My current set-up works excellent, the upgrade would be more for looks and increased functionality like touch screen, full screen rather than a one line display and you can add on to it for bluetooth, nav. etc., plus DVD capabilities would be nice too.

Do I need it? No. Do I want it? YES! lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had my eye on this: Kenwood DDX516 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I already have a Kenwood HU with Kenwood Sirius radio module so if I upgrade it will be to a Kenwood HU.
The DDX516 has 6 channel pre-amp output (like my current unit), essential for running four door speakers and a sub amplified.

Also, you can find it quite a bit cheaper than Crutchfield, like here for example: Kenwood DDX516 - Car Stereo Head Unit In-Dash Receiver - Sonic Electronix

My current set-up works excellent, the upgrade would be more for looks and increased functionality like touch screen, full screen rather than a one line display and you can add on to it for bluetooth, nav. etc., plus DVD capabilities would be nice too.
Looks pretty cool. Does it come with integrated bluetooth and Ipod connection?

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Looks pretty cool. Does it come with integrated bluetooth and Ipod connection?
Both optional, check the specs on either site for answers to all of your questions.
It is front loading so no flip down screen to fail or break.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you can try the pioneer avic u310bt it had touch screen bluetooth cd ipod navi but no dvd so it might be perfect for you

only drawback on the unit is the crappy poi in the navigation since it doesnt find restaurants or many other common things but aside from that its really nice and has a removable faceplate

dont know about the color change option you might want to look into that and the price here in the sf bay area is around 250$

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the Kenwood DNX 6140. May be a little pricey though. It does however have standard bluetooth, ipod, navigation, dvd, touchscreen, and no tilting screen as the dvd slot is front loading. It works GREAT for me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That's what I have. I'm very impressed and it looks OEM. Actually a lot better than the OEM stereo...

It matches the stock lighting perfectly and the bluetooth phone works great.

·
Registered
704 Posts
kenwood ddx 512 on sale at crutchfield has everything bluetooth ,dvd ,cd , sat ,usb.
multipul color change and 55 watts rms thats about the best i have seen.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
kenwood ddx 512 on sale at crutchfield has everything bluetooth ,dvd ,cd , sat ,usb.
Except it's only 4 channel pre-amp out which means no sub woofer the easy way.
Maybe the OP doesn't care about a sub?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Except it's only 4 channel pre-amp out which means no sub woofer the easy way.
Maybe the OP doesn't care about a sub?
No sub at this point, but that could change in the future.

I checked this one out at Crutchfield, but they only had refurbs. Liked the looks and options though - Thanks!!

Keep 'em coming...I'll probably make a decision in the next few days.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
not 55wRMS its 22wRMS. big difference. and OP if you want to add a sub on later with this deck just make sure that the 4ch amp you buy has a set of RCA pass throughs. then you will have your other set of RCA's for running a sub.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts