Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
455 Posts
That link didn't work for me.. :?

· Registered
8 Posts
I dont know if i am the only problem with this but if you wanna buy the stereo adapter dont buy it from walmart i got that $10 skoche adapter and it was all wrong the acc power was not connected to anything and it might have been a messed up one but i went to best buy and took the other one back just a heads up for anyone that is installing a stereo i soldered it and everything then had to cut it off just pissed cuz i wasted to much time one it

· Registered
2 Posts
harness/airbags

I picked up a "scoche" wire harness as well. The black ground wire on the scoshe harness went to an empty terminal on the stock harness, so I had to land a ground myself. I'm a little concerned, because one of the wires on the stock harness landed on a blank terminal on the aftermarket harness, and I'm not sure what it's for.

Can anyone post something that actually shows what each wire is? Is that available from Nissan?

On what might be a related note, my airbag indicator light on my console is flashing ever since I changed out the stock deck. Is there anything integral to the airbag system inside the stock deck that I should know about? If not, I can only assume that this must be related to the crappy wire harness.

BTW, the stock speakers sound pretty nice in my 2002 Frontier XE with the new deck. The improvement was very noticable.

· Registered
145 Posts
Re: harness/airbags

ITSCdanimal said:
I picked up a "scoche" wire harness as well. The black ground wire on the scoshe harness went to an empty terminal on the stock harness, so I had to land a ground myself. I'm a little concerned, because one of the wires on the stock harness landed on a blank terminal on the aftermarket harness, and I'm not sure what it's for.

Can anyone post something that actually shows what each wire is? Is that available from Nissan?

On what might be a related note, my airbag indicator light on my console is flashing ever since I changed out the stock deck. Is there anything integral to the airbag system inside the stock deck that I should know about? If not, I can only assume that this must be related to the crappy wire harness.

BTW, the stock speakers sound pretty nice in my 2002 Frontier XE with the new deck. The improvement was very noticable.

· Registered
145 Posts
oops ok i dont know how to use that quote thing...
but yea read up on the thread titled "bastard dealers"
should explain some about the blinking air bag light...
and as for the ground (blk wire)
the stock head unit used the mount of the stok HU as groud...
i had to play around with the ground wire to find that out and it took me like 30 min jus for that one dam wire...
P's

· Registered
145 Posts
air bag light blinking after install?

try the following steps if your air bag warning light is blinking after a head unit install...
this should work for even the 06 models...

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.
hope it works out...
P's

· Registered
44 Posts
there are 2 phillips screws right above the radio. unscrew those. pull up gently on the center console next to the shifter. there will be 2 more phillips screws under that piece attatched to the dash. that is about it. pull the dash trim off and the radio is held by 4 phillips screws.

· Registered
108 Posts
Just took the radio out to replace it. Airbag light flashing continuously. Performed the key on for 5 sec. Off when light just started to blink. Back on with the key 5 times and the light went off. Thanks so much for the link and info. After driving 10 miles with that damn thing flashing it really gets to you.

· Registered
48 Posts
As a general rule it is best to ground your HU to the chasis rather than use the wire harness ground. That is why you will notice that most radios have a "C" shaped tab on the end of the ground wire.

Reactions: wal92tt

· Registered
2,168 Posts
That's not completely true. When I installed my new stereo, I powered the vehicle up with both front seats removed (and airbag seat sensors disconnected) and with the dash panel removed (with the passenger's airbag indicator light disconnected) and the light didn't come on.

However, I needed to make an adjustment later, so I pulled the passenger's seat back out and THEN the airbag light came on. Go figure...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.