Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 SV with the regular radio, no Navigation. It keeps losing the radio presets, yet the clock itself isn't losing track of the time...

Any idea what could be causing this? The battery terminals are on nice and tight.

· Registered
1,262 Posts
Many times issues like this can simply be a drop in voltage. Truck can start with no issues and we don't notice till weird stuff starts popping up. First thing I would do is check the terminals, second I would check the battery voltage and make sure it's at it's peak. If the battery is old, it would be time for a new one. If it's not, then I'd check the reason for the voltage dip. Something might be causing parasitic drain or the alternator might not be doing it's job.

· Registered
32 Posts
Many times issues like this can simply be a drop in voltage. Truck can start with no issues and we don't notice till weird stuff starts popping up. First thing I would do is check the terminals, second I would check the battery voltage and make sure it's at it's peak. If the battery is old, it would be time for a new one. If it's not, then I'd check the reason for the voltage dip. Something might be causing parasitic drain or the alternator might not be doing it's job.
Thank you! Didn't want to think of those issues and was hopping for a simple / no cast fix but thank you for the suggestions. I will definitely check those items!!! What a joy buying used vehicles. :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
4,910 Posts
Is there somewhere that details the fuses? looked through the Manuel packet and no diagram, What? Every other vehicle I have provides a fuse diagram.
Download the factory manual from NicoClub. They're free and have all the wiring and extensive troubleshooting information if you have experience reading them. In a previous life, I wrote these manuals before moving full-time into IT in the early 2000s. The ones Nico has are very good as they're the OEM scans, I've used them extensively.

Reactions: Clint

· Registered
2019 Frontier SV KC 2WD V6 Auto
1,469 Posts
I have the same question. 2016 and the Radio looses its presets every time the truck is shut off. What gives here?
Does your radio display the time? If yes, does the radio loose the time setting when the truck is shut off? If it does display the time and keeps the time setting correctly when the truck is shut off, but looses radio presets, then you probably have a problem within the radio.

There is a power wire from the battery to the radio that keeps power at all times - even with the truck off. This could be disconnected by a loose connection or a blown fuse. Check all the fuses inside the cab (behind the glove box door) and also under the hood on the passenger side.

· Registered
32 Posts
Does your radio display the time? If yes, does the radio loose the time setting when the truck is shut off? If it does display the time and keeps the time setting correctly when the truck is shut off, but looses radio presets, then you probably have a problem within the radio.

There is a power wire from the battery to the radio that keeps power at all times - even with the truck off. This could be disconnected by a loose connection or a blown fuse. Check all the fuses inside the cab (behind the glove box door) and also under the hood on the passenger side.

Yes the time also resets. All fuses behind glove box check okay. I will check other spot maybe tomorrow, thank you!!

· Registered
2019 Frontier SV KC 2WD V6 Auto
1,469 Posts
Yes the time also resets. All fuses behind glove box check okay. I will check other spot maybe tomorrow, thank you!!
While checking fuses under the hood, check your positive battery terminal and the terminal/fuse block on the back of this same positive terminal. Make sure everything is tight and free of corrosion.

In case you don’t already know, to tighten the battery terminal nut, use a #10 metric wrench.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.