Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my '01 Frontier to the shop and had the radiator and thermostat replaced due to overheating issues. When I got it back I noticed there was an extra connector hanging right in front of the AC compressor. I could not find where it was connected to. My friend has a '00 Frontier and saw he had it connected to an electric fan in front of the AC compressor (between the radiator and grill). Was the '00 Frontier the last one to have this fan?

·
Registered
890 Posts
i dont know about that, but you could always get a multi meter, and get down there and turn your truck and AC on, and see if that would normally be used to power a fan, (im asuming its two wires, one would probably show 12v, the other ground when ac comes on)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Really? does everything look factory as far as electrical connections? I might have to look up this part and get one so i will quit running warm when i idle for long periods with the ac on.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Really? does everything look factory as far as electrical connections? I might have to look up this part and get one so i will quit running warm when i idle for long periods with the ac on.
My '01 overheats under the exact same conditions. Pretty sure it's my clutch fan. It's freewheeling when the engine is hot. Haven't heard it load down for a long time now.
Since I've done the defrost/ac mod I'm able to put the airflow on the windshield, turn off the ac, open the windows, and crank the heat full blast. This'll cool the engine down pretty quick. One more winter and I'll change the fan.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
maybe they stopped putting them on after the '01 models, and thats why we have the overheating problem.

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
i had overheating issues when i had the body lift on , since the SAS no issues at all
im sure the new bumper helped out with airflow , this is on an 02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts