Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone recently had to go about replacing their radiator core support? Mine is getting pretty bad and I'm getting prepared to purchase one from Rockauto.com... They have two different parts, I'm not sure if there is a difference though.

The first one is Various MFR part #NI1225134 for $54.99
The second one is SHERMAN Part # CCC1644490 for $67.79

These are for whole assemblies at Rockauto.com... Courtesyparts.com wants about $240 for a whole assembly.

Suggestions or experiences, please?

I'm thinking about going the Rockauto.com way, 1 - the price is right and 2 - they haven't done me wrong yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ok, the ones from Rockauto.com are aftermarket parts
the one from Courtesyparts.com is a true nissan part.
I've worked in a bodyshop my whole life as a painter and bodyman so belive me when i tell you "you get what you pay for" now that doesn't mean that the aftermarket parts won"t fit but their quailty and fit is nothing like a true nissan part

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
If I thinking this correctly it's the component that is turning into a rust pile on my truck. It's right under the radiator. I was thinking about girding the rust down and redoing it but if it's 50$ then I'd say buy one.

I'd say get the cheap one and add bedliner to it. The bedliner will protect the metal for a very long time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, the ones from Rockauto.com are aftermarket parts
the one from Courtesyparts.com is a true nissan part.
I've worked in a bodyshop my whole life as a painter and bodyman so belive me when i tell you "you get what you pay for" now that doesn't mean that the aftermarket parts won"t fit but their quailty and fit is nothing like a true nissan part
Ok, Thank you... I'll look into the parts a little more and check out materials and what not.

If I thinking this correctly it's the component that is turning into a rust pile on my truck. It's right under the radiator. I was thinking about girding the rust down and redoing it but if it's 50$ then I'd say buy one.

I'd say get the cheap one and add bedliner to it. The bedliner will protect the metal for a very long time.
Yeah you are correct. I guess mine is just about rusted out completely. After having a shop do my timing belt, they brought it to my knowledge. I'm gonna look into this aftermarket part a little more and see what I can find out about it. Zeekemon says aftermarket parts aren't of equal quality, and I would rather not have problems during or after installation.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I agree and I disagree too with AM parts. Some of them are better than OEM and some are just junk. I'd look at see what type of warranty they have and call them about their part. If it's has a good warranty then I'd go for it.

The other thing you check into is to see if the Body Shop could just cut out that lower bar support and weld in a new one. I check my lower radiator support and it look bad. However, the rest of the part is in great shape.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I believe it is spot welded. I have to redo mine as well. I will just rebuild the "radiator support shelf" by taking an angle iron and a flat bar. Removing the rusty part and drilling to sandwich the sheet metal from the support to the angle iron and flat bar.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
It's welded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts