Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally got around to talking with the RACQ to fully comprehensively insure my Narvy for 2009/10 season and found out the following info:

RACQ Insurance underwriter will insure vehicles with max 100mm lift.......this can be suspension only or suspension with a max 50mm body lift.

If 50mm max body lift.....thisd needs engineering cert placed on vehicle showing approval.

Thats great news in one respect.............................however, my market value is 33000 at this time and I have 21,000 worth of aftermarket accessories so now RACQ get scared and say they no longer want to insure vehicle because vehicle has too many high dollar extras..........

They stated they would not insure alminium tray with tradesmens racks, the chrome wheels, the overhead console and the 2 way radio, and the double din VMS A2265 GPS/DVD/BLUETOOTH/RADIO/OFFROAD NAV........

They strongly suggested I look elsewhere for my insurance....after 3 years with them and they want to give me the flick.....................

Ozroder

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey mate this has happened a lot with cars we have worked on at work. Several full custom fitouts of over 30k up to 50k.

Most resent was a 70 series v8 diesel cruser ute we fitted out and bill was in excess of 32k.
Insurance did not want a bar of him so had to go specialized insurance. I will get some numbers for you if you don't already know of the more common ones.

Obviously this will mean extra cost but it comes with the knowledge that you are covered for everything no matter what.

At the risk of being flamed I can understand the reasoning from the insurance company for not wanting to insure but maybe they should go a bit further out of there way to help you.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I went with GIO and what they told me was that as long as it was legally registered they would insure it.I think I have the truck insured at the moment for 50k

·
Registered
226 Posts
there is a broker in sa who insures the vehicle and all fitted accessories listed for agreed value.anywhere above high water mark around australia and not that expensive given they cover the lot.i will try to find the name and post it here.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to RACQ cause it is RACQ ................supposedly the highest regarded look after you insurance company in Oz like RACV etc...........

They were good enough to take my money for the past 3 years......

I also found out that because Nissan have a 3 year road side care package I did not need to have the RACQ Road side assist package as they were the same but RACQ were happy to take my money for that as well and will not give me a refund either..........

I was not aware that they were the same and apparently I only need to pay 16.50 dollars a year to RACQ.....................

I paid RACQ for the top of the range care package for nothing and they failed to disclose this to me..............

Ozroder

·
Registered
239 Posts
I went to RACQ cause it is RACQ ................supposedly the highest regarded look after you insurance company in Oz like RACV etc...........

They were good enough to take my money for the past 3 years......

I also found out that because Nissan have a 3 year road side care package I did not need to have the RACQ Road side assist package as they were the same but RACQ were happy to take my money for that as well and will not give me a refund either..........

I was not aware that they were the same and apparently I only need to pay 16.50 dollars a year to RACQ.....................

I paid RACQ for the top of the range care package for nothing and they failed to disclose this to me..............

Ozroder
Nissan made it quite clear to me that their roadside assist was the premium package offered by the RAC here in WA when I purchased the Navara. I then opted for an Affiliated Membership to obtain member discounts.
I find it strange that RACQ won't offer you insurance covereage abate obviously at a premium, RAC WA just increase your premium to cover the cost of the items.
In the past I have tens of thousands of dollars of extras covered by my policy at a reasonable cost.
It sucks when you have been with one company and they prefer to loose you rather than cover you if you are good risk.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rang RAC Victoria and they had no problem with it as well............

Nissan did not explain the road side assist because I wanted a silver Navara and the only one available in Sth East QLD at the time was at Gimpy (128k) north of Brisbane and I had the vehicle delivered to my work so not discussions took place about anything.......

When I completed the 1st service I think Nissan thought that I had already recieved the details about my Narvy where in fact I recieved nothing.

Getting back to RACQ...........when I asked about a refund for the road side assist, the RACQ guy was delighted in telling me that I was obviously dealing with someone in RACQ that was not trained enough in their products etc but he stated that RACQ were not obliged to give me a refund...........

Ozroder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts