Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Greetings from the warmer part of the globe! Bought my first Nissan 2 years back from the dealer here in Dubai and have had, for the most, zero major issues operating in some pretty extreme conditions (51C over summer), the pathfinder barely breaking a sweat! At any rate, now she's run in, looking at what is hiding under the hood - I'm sure the VQ40 has plenty more to give than the factory induction and exhaust allows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
over 120 degf in summer!?!? wow.

Im not too familiar with whats available as far as power adders, but to me it seems like its a bit limited since there isnt really open tunning abilities from what ive seen, ie no HPTuners support.

But welcome, hopefully CF provides you with plenty of quality info, i know it sure as for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
over 120 degf in summer!?!? wow.

Im not too familiar with whats available as far as power adders, but to me it seems like its a bit limited since there isnt really open tunning abilities from what ive seen, ie no HPTuners support.

Yeah - regularly very warm! I must say the A/C Struggles a wee bit, although after some freeway driving it cools off pretty well (can't exactly call it a design issue as, well, its bloody hot here!)

I see that the Xterras have a few addons (doug thorley headers and mid pipes) and the factory y-pipe and muffler are a bit...lets say 'thrown together' so maybe a few ponies hiding there :)

Mixed feelings about a 'cold' air volant induction system with a safari snorkel setup - very successful results with my old man's Toyota so umming and ahhing as to whether the ecu can be a project down track...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah - regularly very warm! I must say the A/C Struggles a wee bit, although after some freeway driving it cools off pretty well (can't exactly call it a design issue as, well, its bloody hot here!)

I see that the Xterras have a few addons (doug thorley headers and mid pipes) and the factory y-pipe and muffler are a bit...lets say 'thrown together' so maybe a few ponies hiding there :)

Mixed feelings about a 'cold' air volant induction system with a safari snorkel setup - very successful results with my old man's Toyota so umming and ahhing as to whether the ecu can be a project down track...

yeah, ive seen the exhaust options, just dont want to do too much imo with airflow in or out if you cant control fuel and timing. sure there are canned tunes but id like to be able to have a tuner look at logs and make adjustments for my specific altitude and driving conditions.

I am also used to coming from a world of small inline 4 cylinders that utilize forced injection, a tune alone could net you 50 whp if you had the supporting bolt ons. So a tune that gives you 15 bhp and like 7 whp is a little disappointing to me.

Frontier intake and exhausts bolt right onto the r51?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, ive seen the exhaust options, just dont want to do too much imo with airflow in or out if you cant control fuel and timing. sure there are canned tunes but id like to be able to have a tuner look at logs and make adjustments for my specific altitude and driving conditions.

I am also used to coming from a world of small inline 4 cylinders that utilize forced injection, a tune alone could net you 50 whp if you had the supporting bolt ons. So a tune that gives you 15 bhp and like 7 whp is a little disappointing to me.

Frontier intake and exhausts bolt right onto the r51?

I believe so - as far as I am aware, navara/frontier chassis is the same as the pathfinder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts