Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK for those with the tech pkg. Bluetooth etc. Say I wanna disconnect the battery for service/reset comp. etc. will I lose my phone settings/radio settings/address book yada yada. or does the ecm have a backup battery?( like a pc to store time/date etc.) I'm at work and the manual is in the truck and I don't have the time for search. Thinking I don't wanna go thru the hassle of resetting all my phone info/addresses if I don't have to. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I am not 100% but I am pretty sure the way our trucks are, you can temp. disconnect the battery and not lose all your settings. My current radio (not stock) memorizes everything and I think my stock radio did too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am not 100% but I am pretty sure the way our trucks are, you can temp. disconnect the battery and not lose all your settings. My current radio (not stock) memorizes everything and I think my stock radio did too.
I agree that it does not lose info, as my battery has been disconnected for service and my phone still connects and my phonebook info is still there.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I think it retains them if you don't disconnect it for too long; if the radio presets are still there your BT stuff is too.
Mine has been wiped a few times...

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I think it retains them if you don't disconnect it for too long; if the radio presets are still there your BT stuff is too.
Mine has been wiped a few times...
yeah its a very short term thing. It only stores it for 30min or so. Thats why when (if) you ever reset your ecu you have to disconnect your battery for a long period of time and not just real quick.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah its a very short term thing. It only stores it for 30min or so. Thats why when (if) you ever reset your ecu you have to disconnect your battery for a long period of time and not just real quick.
Yeah... that's kinda what I was thinking of doing as my driving style has changed a bit since I first got the truck and want the tranny to "re-learn my habits". So It looks like I'll plan on a few hrs in the driveway reprogramming. Oh well, that's what beer is for lol.:noworries:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yeah... that's kinda what I was thinking of doing as my driving style has changed a bit since I first got the truck and want the tranny to "re-learn my habits". So It looks like I'll plan on a few hrs in the driveway reprogramming. Oh well, that's what beer is for lol.:noworries:
your ECu is constantly reprogramming itself to keep all its parameters within the factory specs. Resetting the ECU will not make a difference. After a week or so it will be back to where it is right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts