Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2010 SE 4X4. Are the 2010's still generation 2, meaning anything that fit a 2005 will still fit a 2010? Just wondering because many websites do not allow 2010 as an option when "choosing your vehicle".

Many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts
Yes it is a generation two Frontier except that the radio and surrounding dash are not the same as previous years. I am waiting for my 2010 to be here in two weeks and when I went to crutchfield.com to look at the possible choices there were no listings available. As for the rest of the truck I'd say they are the same. Did you buy a six speed or auto? Long bed or short bed? Good luck with it and enjoy!

Clint

·
Registered
857 Posts
Welcome to the site. Front end is slightly different too. Grill and Headlights are not the same on a 2009 and newer compaired to the 2008-2005's.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
its more of a "facelift" model, minor interior and exterior changes to make it look newer before they start from scratch on the next gen frontier. engine, tranny, and suspension is the same.

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts
its more of a "facelift" model, minor interior and exterior changes to make it look newer before they start from scratch on the next gen frontier. engine, tranny, and suspension is the same.
You're right, I forgot there were some minor changes there too.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since you asked......2010 Super Black SE King Cab 4X4 with long bed. I friggin' love this truck. It's the first new truck I have ever owned. Thanks to cash for clunkers, you can't find a decent used truck! Oh well, I must be happy since I have spent the better part of 3 days looking for accessories. Problem is, not too many sites have 2010 compatibility charts so I did not want to buy something and have it be the wrong year. By reading your answers it looks like anything from 2005-2009 will fit a 2010. Did I read that right?

Thanks a ton for the help guys. Looking forward to getting lots of answers to my questions!

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,489 Posts
things that are different are the front headlights and grill - the interior is slightly different as well around the radio. but all mechanical compnents are the same.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I didnt see it mentioned, but the wheels are different too.

Soo... Grill, headlamps, stereo/HVAC controls, center stack surround, and wheels.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,489 Posts
For some reason, I really like the new headlights despite the minimal changes. And the grill looks more aggressive. Anyways, welcome to the community.
ya, me too.

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll ignore that Texas Tech logo. Just kidding, tough break losing Leach. Don't ask why but I have always been a HUGE OU fan. Anyways. I can't bare the thought of taking any pics with it all covered in salt. I should have when I waxed it the day I brought her home. Nothin' purtier than a black truck (when clean!). Now I have to wait until spring to her her clean again :crikey:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes it is a generation two Frontier except that the radio and surrounding dash are not the same as previous years. I am waiting for my 2010 to be here in two weeks and when I went to crutchfield.com to look at the possible choices there were no listings available. As for the rest of the truck I'd say they are the same. Did you buy a six speed or auto? Long bed or short bed? Good luck with it and enjoy!

Clint
Clint, I have been all over Crutchfield.com and they have tons of options for the 2010! I just now have to decide how much I want to spend on a new HU. I am torn between 3 models.... Uggh decisions decisions!

·
Registered
492 Posts
BE CAREFUL getting that salt off your truck. That black will show the scratches for sure. Rinse it off well with just water before you wash. I've had 2 Nissan trucks in black so be careful. Love my Silver 05 Nismo CC. It can be dirty but looks clean :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.