Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always keep an umbrella in my truck. I don't like the compact little ones most people use, I like the bigger "golf" umbrellas that actually keep you (and partner) dry in a deluge. I have just let it lay on the floor of my extended cab Fronty, but it was always in the way, so I found a better location that works great for the application.

I removed the rear head rests the day I brought my truck home, which left the holes for the headrests empty. I cut 2 lengths of 1/2" X 8" wood dowel, and painted them gray to better match interior color. Inserted them in the holes that have the release button. They protrude about 3"

The umbrella fits perfectly between the pegs and the rear glass, but does not contact the glass. Rubber band around the posts keeps the umbrella tight against the pegs, so no rattle or contact with glass. Quick-n-Cheap worthwhile mod....

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
If you decide to have a rear passenger, replace the head rest.
Back when, trucks were not required to have head rest. Lots of injuries when hit from the rear causing the head to hit the rear window.
Other than that, nice idea.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you decide to have a rear passenger, replace the head rest.
Back when, trucks were not required to have head rest. Lots of injuries when hit from the rear causing the head to hit the rear window.
Other than that, nice idea.
No worry's about rear passenger, the tiny jump seats have been removed too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts