Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure where i should have posted this but i have alot more mechanical/drivetrain experience than electrical but after adding up some values and buying the necessary parts at the local electronics store i asked a friend how i need to wire this up for what im trying to do and what he told me was have two 4800ohm resistors wired in parallel which gives 2400ohm fitted with a switch wired in series to isolate one resistor in the circuit to have 4800ohm my question is if any one would be willing to help me out buy maybe drawing up a diagram on paint then email to me it would be a great help BTW this device it for my auto trans 1st gen and is a switch im installing on the line pressure solenoid to have 2 selectable shift firmness levels, mild and 95% line pressure for some hard pulls

*ALso need to know what switch i will need (spdt,spst,dpst, etc. )

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm not sure what you're looking for or where you want to terminate these....two states, (1)2.4kohm and (2) 4.8kohm? if that's what you want, you'd use a spst on one of the resistors, and the other one would bypass the switch.

it's possible that i'm just ignorant about such a mod, but it doesn't sound like a good idea unless you have a crystal-clear idea of what you're doing, or you want to risk bricking your transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts