Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Some of you may remember my first post back in October (doubtful) haha, asking what were some known mechanical issues in the 2005 and up 4.0 V6 auto 4x4 models.

Well I have done some research and am getting very close to purchasing.

I have concluded that the biggest area of concern is the Radiator/Trans coolant issues. I have been told 2012 the issue was fixed...

So, say I get an older model, is there anyway to tell before purchasing that it has the issue? Or is it one of those things that goes wrong and kaboom?

I have read about the bypass, and would definitely be doing that if I purchase one of these vehicles.

Thanks for your time and I am excited about joining in on the forum as an official owner.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Supposedly fixed 2010 and later. I would look for foamy ATF, part #/revision on radiator, LONG HOT test drive then I would buy a 2010 or newer.. Or a 6M/T

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
2011 & 2012 were not affected by the radiator cooler, timing chain and, as far as I know, the fuel sending unit issues. The common part #'s found on the problem-prone radiators are 21460-EA215, -EA265 and -EA200. Not all of these radiators failed, but there is a significant number of them that failed that it should be a concern if you have one. If you really have your eyes set on one vehicle, you should view a CARFAX report on that vehicle; some dealers will provide it at no charge. It may give you information if the radiator and/or transmission was replaced. If you have a radiator with no Calsonic sticker on the top tank, it's likely an aftermarket replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts