Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a K&N CIA on my 07'. I feel like I bought it too fast after getting my truck(Prob would have got a Volant). I was wondering if I should close it off? What are the benifits? And what are yall using to do this? And also does the rubber weather stripping around the top seal off to the hood? Anyone got any pictures?

CAI. I guess I have secret dreams of law enforcement LoL

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
There is basically nothing you can do to completely seal it as compared to the Volant and Stillen. Your best bet is to buy the Volant used and sell your K/N. Yes, you will take a hit on cost but it will probably work better then your DIY project in the end.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have owned several CAIs in the past 3 years for the truck, and they are all about the same. I've had the "cheapos'(Airaid), the "middles"(Nismo) and the expensive (Volant). After trying them all, the Nismo is back on the truck and will stay there. The Volant had the coolest IATs of them all at idle, but on the highway, was only about 5 degrees cooler than the nismo, not enough to make any real difference. The only reason I took it off the truck was because i like the fit and finish of the Nismo much better, and i think the nismo sounds "meaner" if you're cranking on it hard. All are really good choices, but for ease of installing with equally good performance in my opinion, the Nismo/Aem are the better bets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts