Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking at this repair manual thing online from another member, has everything to changing fluids. It says for the transmission not to reuse gasket for filler plug and drain plug. What kind of gasket is it and where do i get it? also what is IMP stand for in that repair manual if anyone has it. is says us measures under one column and imp measure under another column, anyone know what the imp stands for.

And racinzak you where right about the amount, i think the dealer gave me the qr25de specs instead of our vq40. for our motor it says 4 3/8 quarts under us measure and 3 5/8 quarts under imp measure. So i need to know whats imp which one to follow.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
IMP is imperial gallons.
Not sure, but I've never seen, or used, a gasket for the fill or drain plugs of a manual tranny. Might be wrong for your 2nd generation, so I'd wait for someone who's actually done one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think the manual must be referring to some aluminum washers (gaskets)for the drain plugs (can't remember). I do remember I just reused whatever was there. Do you have a hand pump for your tranny fluid? You can find them at any auto store, just get the cheapest one they got.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
no hand pump, i heard it will be easier.. thanks.. One more question, i changed the rear and the front, is it a bad thing to put to much gear oil. I made sure when it started to poor out i quickly closed it, maybe it gulped like twice before i closed it thinking theres alot of oil in there. Is that bad???

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Yeah, too much oil will blow the rear seal. I always overfill a little and let it run out 'till it stops (w/the tranny level).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts