Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
@raine sorry to drag you back to this post but a post you made last night made me think of it. I was just curious because you were so dismissive of what I had to say about off-roading and off-roading tires. How many rigs have you built? How much experience do you have in Summit, Eagle and Park etc. counties in Colorado off roading? How much do you know about the environment here? How much off roading have you actually done? Don't get me wrong. You're obviously a car stereo and wiring expert that's plain as day. Your truck is awesome and you did a great job on your front end suspension. But doesn't have any armor or a winch or any dents and scratches on it. What qualifies you as an off-roading expert? I'm not trying to start a fight with you, I'm honestly just asking so I know what kind of off-roading advice I am listening to.

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
589 Posts
@raine sorry to drag you back to this post but a post you made last night made me think of it. I was just curious because you were so dismissive of what I had to say about off-roading and off-roading tires. How many rigs have you built? How much experience do you have in Summit, Eagle and Park etc. counties in Colorado off roading? How much do you know about the environment here? How much off roading have you actually done? Don't get me wrong. You're obviously a car stereo and wiring expert that's plain as day. Your truck is awesome and you did a great job on your front end suspension. But doesn't have any armor or a winch or any dents and scratches on it. What qualifies you as an off-roading expert? I'm not trying to start a fight with you, I'm honestly just asking so I know what kind of off-roading advice I am listening to.
This is one of those, Not to be rude (and then rude comment follows) type of posts where your trying to stir the pot.

Quit it.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
But doesn't have any armor or a winch or any dents and scratches on it.

or it could mean he knows what he’s doing!😁

·
Registered
202 Posts
This is one of those, Not to be rude (and then rude comment follows) type of posts where your trying to stir the pot.

Quit it.
I'm sorry, you feel that way, I don't know what to tell you about it. It's a valid post with an honest question. There's no reason to attack me or to tell me what to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the E bfg ko2 265-75-16. The mpg is lowered to 18 mpg from about 20 with highway sv size tires.

We usually travel to the west texas desert for some hunting. The road is kinda rough when you go off the paved highway. Everywhere is hard rock that looked like damn blades. The desert eat 3 of my tires in the recent 2 years with about 1k miles on unpaved. 2 Are highway tires and 1 is all-terrain. If you will travel to such place some time then go with a E cuz you'll never want to replace your tire alone in the mid of nowhere at midnight and be companied with coyotes. E load is definitely not an overkill for me and I recommend everyone to have them if you don't care the mpg lost.

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
@raine sorry to drag you back to this post but a post you made last night made me think of it. I was just curious because you were so dismissive of what I had to say about off-roading and off-roading tires.
Oh boy...

...okay let's take care of the immediate issue first - and leave it to the forum itself to get me into trouble:
View attachment 328043

The use of the strikethrough is probably why you thought I was being dismissive, which I honestly wasn't my intention at all; my mistake for using strikethrough as I can see how it was misinterpreted. What I meant to do and what I thought I did was highlight the key points you said in bold because what you said pretty much answers the question for everyone (the other stuff was anecdotal). Maybe I should have done it this way instead:

It really depends on where you're at and what you're doing. E load tires have a definite purpose even on light trucks like ours. If you're running over super sharp rocks all the time, like in parts of the Rockies parts of Northern Arizona blah blah. They stop you from getting punctures. When I ran trails hard out here every weekend I would eat up P load tires like they were nothing. There's a reason why the forest service won't use anything but E load in this region. If you drive on the highway all the time like someone earlier said then yeah, you don't need these. It's not a macho thing. It's about specific use for you. But there's absolutely no doubt that E load is an awful lot for this truck and weighs a lot more than most people need too.
Except I can't even edit that post still because of the stupid forum's 7-day edit limit restriction. So hopefully that explains more clearly what my intention was. It's just a misunderstanding, and I apologize if it was interpreted as hostile, as I was actually agreeing with your reply, but I was trying to pare it down to reinforce your points that I 100% agree with to the OP. (y)

---------------------------------

Now about that other stuff... do I still reply, or do you let it go? You tell me.
I have no difficulty defending a personal attack, but I'd rather not have to. :cool:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Oh boy...

...okay let's take care of the immediate issue first - and leave it to the forum itself to get me into trouble:
View attachment 328043

The use of the strikethrough is probably why you thought I was being dismissive, which I honestly wasn't my intention at all; my mistake for using strikethrough as I can see how it was misinterpreted. What I meant to do and what I thought I did was highlight the key points you said in bold because what you said pretty much answers the question for everyone (the other stuff was anecdotal). Maybe I should have done it this way instead:

Except I can't even edit that post still because of the stupid forum's 7-day edit limit restriction. So hopefully that explains more clearly what my intention was. It's just a misunderstanding, and I apologize if it was interpreted as hostile, as I was actually agreeing with your reply, but I was trying to pare it down to reinforce your points that I 100% agree with to the OP. (y)

---------------------------------

Now about that other stuff... do I still reply, or do you let it go? You tell me.
I have no difficulty defending a personal attack, but I'd rather not have to. :cool:
I too would like to leave it here. The attachment thing you put up I couldn't open so I don't know what that said. I admittedly wasn't offended at first it was some comments made the other night that gave me pause about intent. But giving it further thought it's not like I've never stepped in it around here either. LOL. I know I have. I also admit my internet skills aren't as sharp as most, car blogs is basically the only thing I ever really do because of my love for them. I'm not even on social media. I meant it when I said your truck's awesome. I also really read every word of your info you posted about car stereos etc. Thought you should know that. Buying this truck reminded me of how much I hate IFS on trucks and I told myself a long time ago. I'd never do it again, but here I am. I'll shut up now, my apologies for any misunderstandings.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts