Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I installed LED in the Cargo lights (not the 3rd brake light). All looks good, but immediately noticed some wierd response with locking and unlocking the doors.

If I unlock the doors with the FOB and immediately relock, then fine.

If I unlock the doors and wait about 10 seconds, then the FOB does not work to lock the doors until about 20 seconds or so. Have not timed it exactly. Once today when shifted into Park the auto door lock did not unlock the doors.

Wondering in the change in resistance in the circuit from the LED has thrown something off. Going to swap back to stock incadescent bulbs to see if that clears the wierd behavior, so wondering if I am the only one that has seen this issue.

Thanks.

Reactions: Mikie88

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I swapped the cargo LED to a super white incadescent bulb. Got almost the same "white" effect as with the LED, but it cleared up the problem with locking the doors. Surprising no one else has run into this same thing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've been running LEDs in my cargo lights without noticing anything like that. What brand/type where you using?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have run LED in my GTI and G37S and never had any issues. I was running the first one this page in the Cargo lights. Autolumination LED

Played with it some more and found out that when I turned off the truck and opened and closed the drivers door, that I would not lock the doors. But if I waited until the lights all faded out (about 20 seconds or so) or if I hit the unlock a number of times until it started clicking, then I could lock it.

Put them in the Reverse lights and they work fine there. Everything is "white" now so I am good......

I've been running LEDs in my cargo lights without noticing anything like that. What brand/type where you using?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i have been running LED in the cargo lights but have no issue. Im an 07 though

·
Registered
186 Posts
So last night I installed LED in the Cargo lights (not the 3rd brake light). All looks good, but immediately noticed some wierd response with locking and unlocking the doors.

If I unlock the doors and wait about 10 seconds, then the FOB does not work to lock the doors until about 20 seconds or so. Have not timed it exactly. Once today when shifted into Park the auto door lock did not unlock the doors.

Wondering in the change in resistance in the circuit from the LED has thrown something off. Going to swap back to stock incadescent bulbs to see if that clears the wierd behavior, so wondering if I am the only one that has seen this issue.

Thanks.

Could you take pics of the LED lights, and also maybe of the truck next to a wall at nite to see how effective they are?

I was looking at getting the same ones from V-leds.com but the proces are way higher.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have this one picture showing my v-led cargo lights in the garage. It doesn't really help you appreciate the usefullness of the light, but I think they light up my bed really nicely. Also note these are not the current v-led 921 they sell, mine are smaller with less SMDs. In the picture note the difference in color and intensity of the lights compared with the garage door opener...those are 60w normal incandescent bulbs in the garage door opener.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently switched the cargo lamps and stop lamp to LEDs from superbrightleds.com and have not observed what you state, I have tried to re-create it without success.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I just had the exact same problem with my truck. Took me a while to find the problem, it wasn't until I noticed the fob only worked after the cargo lights went out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just had the exact same problem with my truck. Took me a while to find the problem, it wasn't until I noticed the fob only worked after the cargo lights went out.
I installed a pair of 921 LED Cree bulbs today in my cargo lights (that I purchased from Retro-Solutions). Is there any workaround for getting the keyfob remote to be able to lock the truck while the cargo lights are still lit? I'd rather not stand around and wait 20+ seconds for the cargo lights to go out.

For those of you having the same problem, what brand of LED lights are you using in your cargo lights?

921 912 906 T15 5W CREE LED Reverse Wedge Bulbs - Retro-Solutions Store

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm guessing the particular LEDs are emitting some kind of radio interference. It may just be loud enough to kill the key fob. Does anyone know where the receive antenna is for the fob? It would be interesting to see if it worked with the cargo lights on if you were holding the fob right next to the antenna.

I have an issue with my wireless speedometer on my bicycle and an LED headlamp. Anytime the light is on the speedometer receives no signal from the sensor. I think it could be a similar problem.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
LEDs can cause RFI interference. Bulbs made for autos are supposed to meet certain standards so as not to interfere with FOBs etc. However there are many instances of of this happening. Try a different mfr.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Thanks.
I know this is an old post but I have the same issues with my 2004 XE 2.4 extended cab. My fob doesn’t work at all anymore. I do have LED license plate lights in but that was after the fact. My interior head lamp hasn’t worked in years and for the life of me I can’t figure that one out either. I have checked every fuse and found nothing. My rear cab break light has a light out but I’ve never messed with it. I don’t know, any suggestions?

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,198 Posts
I know this is an old post but I have the same issues with my 2004 XE 2.4 extended cab. My fob doesn’t work at all anymore. I do have LED license plate lights in but that was after the fact. My interior head lamp hasn’t worked in years and for the life of me I can’t figure that one out either. I have checked every fuse and found nothing. My rear cab break light has a light out but I’ve never messed with it. I don’t know, any suggestions?
I replaced every single bulb on my 04 with leds and haven't had an issue with the keyfob at all.

Headlights, parking lights, turn signals, license plate lights, cargo lights, hi mount brake light, map lights, dome light, bed lights, under hood light, instrument cluster, glove box light, ignition ring light, shift indicator, hvac panel, footwell lights and even the lights in the dimmer switch, cargo switch and the light in the drivers power window switch are now all leds.

If you've tried a new battery in the remote and also tried reprogramming the remote, I'd would buy a new one and program it. Maybe yours bit the dust.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts